GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discount Tire gives $1 million to campaign against marijuana legalization

Will Discount Tires Recent Donation Change Where You Shop?

• Screw the hippies! I will continue shopping at Discount Tire

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Meh, I don't care as long as I get my tires

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • GIMME DAT WEED. I will no longer support this business

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Doesn’t personally affect me, but I will not support them

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
But chick fil a is so good at it doe lol.

Sent from phone Tapa

Chick Fil a is a whole nother animal. They make the rules for themselves.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
fuk chick fil a too

Thats probably the only thing you actually can be mad about, as you being a gay man, and Chick Fil A being like Screww you.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
ok so what...doesnt change anything...chick fil a still donates money to anti-lgbt org's like the fca...publicity stunts like that in orlando mean nothing unless they stop donating to org's with anti-lgbt agendas...

I don't think it was a publicity stunt, as almost no one even knew they did this. Having said that I don't think corporate gave the order to do this. I think it was probably the owner of the store that made this happen.

The FCA is no more ant-lgbt than any other place that holds southern christian values. I haven't found anything on the FCA that would lead me to believe that their stance is out of the ordinary from the christian religion. It's not like the FCA is a government run establishment. It's a private ministry. Having said that I don't agree with their stance on marriage. But that goes for most of a christians line of thinking, for me, on a lot of things.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
fuk chick fil a too

Finally the little man has made his way over from the Trump/Hillary thread. Rumor has it that he only joined this forum for the political conversation:fighting0030:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Finally the little man has made his way over from the Trump/Hillary thread. Rumor has it that he only joined this forum for the political conversation:fighting0030:

Does he even own a VW?...... maybe i shouldn't talk lol
EDIT: also where's the "I never shopped there to begin with" option?

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Does he even own a VW?...... maybe i shouldn't talk lol
EDIT: also where's the "I never shopped there to begin with" option?

I just looked at his posts, he refers to his own car as "pos" and slow. :confused:

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Businesses should stay away from publicizing their position on politics, religion, personal liberty issues, etc.

Nothing to gain but alienating somebody.

Duh.

Whaaaat. Sometimes you have to address things, and sometimes you image yourself to appeal to certain consumers, etc. Discount Tires move here doesn't make any sense though, except someone mentioning something about hemp competition. I'm sure DT calculated the risk of alienating costumers before doing whatever they did. I don't see most people caring enough to stay away from cheap tires and local store convenience in order to boycott DT, so maybe that's what DT thought too.

It's Business 101. You own a business, you're in the business of making money. Worrying about "addressing things" or "appealing to certain customers," works against that. Sometimes you have a business model or product that can take that hit and still be profitable (e.g. Chik Fil A), but for the most part, pissing off a certain segment of the population is just not a recipe for success. Period.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
^but at the same time, in the case of Chik Fil A, you create a rather hardcore following that consumes even more product and visits the restaurant more frequently. Just a thought, and I agree with your point for the other 99% of businesses