GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disabling start stop on 2019 GTI

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Has anyone disabled the start stop function on their 2019 gti's using vagcom.I see videos on people unplugging the plugin on the side of the battery.I did this today and it does disable it but when I start the car I get a quick message saying on my center sceen attention start stop disabled.It only does this each time I start the car but goes away after 3 seconds.I would like to disable it in the vcds cause even though the plugin thing did it I am curious if the plugin disables only that function.I have seen it done on 18's and I am wandering if it is the same for the 19's.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Yup, you change the voltage parameter with vcds so it always thinks the battery is too low. I don't know what you change, but there are a few threads on it.

There's a start/stop function on the 2019 GTI's with no stock button to turn it off?!?! Wow! That is so lame. Unless I'm buying a hybrid or economy car, I would not ever want that feature in any enthusiast car.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
There's a start/stop function on the 2019 GTI's with no stock button to turn it off?!?! Wow! That is so lame. Unless I'm buying a hybrid or economy car, I would not ever want that feature in any enthusiast car.

Pretty sure there is a button right near the ignition button. It was just talked about in the 2019's are coming thread. I could be wrong though. Porsche's have start/stop :p

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
19-CAN Gateway
Adaptation
Start/Stop start voltage limit
enter 12 (default stored value = 7.6V)
maximum permissible value =12.1V

videoguy009

Ready to race!
These are pics from the dealership of the GTI in the US. It is identical to the one I bought on Wednesday from the dealership in my city.These photos helped me decide on my purchase of the car.I cannot get any good pics cause the we are into winter and it is messy.The only thing missing is in Canada we get the the Red Bunny and the word rabbit in red under the right tail light of the hatch.It quite a beautiful car.Quick,sharp looking,well made and fun to drive.I often wandered why they were on the pricey side but now I know.

Attachments

• 990610d0dec14ec896763086a86f539d.jpg
    990610d0dec14ec896763086a86f539d.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,492
  • a95f7b317e034d5cac9aa91187df77f6.jpg
    a95f7b317e034d5cac9aa91187df77f6.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,488
  • 5465c25959b64be5aa67403c8d5fda1f.jpg
    5465c25959b64be5aa67403c8d5fda1f.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,460
  • bc2bdef95c9a4d0ba5c6b877943f7718.jpg
    bc2bdef95c9a4d0ba5c6b877943f7718.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,589
Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
No rear badging at all?

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Well looking at the rear of the car i don't even see the red GTI badge on the left of the hatch on this GTI Rabbit.WE have it on the Canadian model.If I'm not mistaken we get the 8" info system while the US has the standard 6.5".I have yet to figure out why VW does that since we are neighboring countries.Go to your local VW dealership to confirm this.Not to add insult to injury but I don't think the rabbit has the fender audio like Canada.I'm not certain on the fender though.I don't know if this has anything to do with the above but we pay 5k more for the rabbit than you do but I know their is a currency gap plus importation fees and taxes are higher to import a car into Canada.Plus freight and pdi is double that of the US.

Last edited:

switzerr

Passed Driver's Ed
I loved the start/stop on my F150. It did take me a few weeks to get used to it though. I love it on my M2, but since it is a 6mt it is a bit more complicated to use. I wish my 18 GTI had it.

That car looks fantastic, by the way. Do the Canadian Rabbit editions have LED headlights?

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Yes,both high and low beam and adaptive.Tail lights and back ups are also led as well as the interior dome lights.It also has led fogs as well as cornering lights which are neat to say the least.

switzerr

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes,both high and low beam and adaptive.Tail lights and back ups are also led as well as the interior dome lights.It also has led fogs as well as cornering lights which are neat to say the least.

It looks like the CDN Rabbit is the sweet spot indeed. We bought our Autobahn, and only subsequently learned about the Rabbit. I might have waited had I been paying attention.

videoguy009

Ready to race!
I almost bought a leftover 2018 until the sales manager pointed out the what I would get for the additional 3500.00 and a one year only edition.He was not trying to up sell and it was totally my choice.Boys am I glad I picked the Rabbit.The clark cloth seats are very comfortable and is what I wanted.As you know these cars are very quick and a joy to drive.I am going to post pics shortly of my car which is a little dirty cause of winter as it is sunny and cool which should make for good pics.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Do your car have sport mode for the transmission? If in sport mode the start/stop is disabled.
So I jump in car, start it, tap shifter to put in sport mode and no longer have to worry about turning Start/Stop off every time. Mines a Golf R, not sure if GTI's are the same.