GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Direzza Z1 in the water, Hang On!

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
This past weekend I made a trip into the mountains of Northern Arizona with the GTI. I have the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1 tires on it which are fabulous for traction here where it rarely rains. But this past week end I ran into some heavy rain hearde North on Interstate 17. The car would hydroplane every now and then when hitting standing water then find traction and be under control again. Pretty interesting. I might have been concerned but I never really felt out of control for more than a couple seconds at a time.

When these wear thin I suppose I should go back to an All Season tire for better performance in water. Just letting you guys know in case you didn't already.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2005 S2000
If you think the Dunlop are bad in water you should try some kumho xs's, now that is an exciting time.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
I've run pretty hard laps in pounding rain with the Z1's, for a performance tire I think the wet traction is good. An A/S is obviously much better. I wouldn't run Star specs as a general daily tire though, the traction is somewhat wasted and they don't last long.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
If you think the Dunlop are bad in water you should try some kumho xs's, now that is an exciting time.

X motha fu*kin 2. You could take flight actually if you had a parking bench on the rear of your hatchn when you hit a patch of water with those tires.

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
I've run pretty hard laps in pounding rain with the Z1's, for a performance tire I think the wet traction is good. An A/S is obviously much better. I wouldn't run Star specs as a general daily tire though, the traction is somewhat wasted and they don't last long.

Well my plan is I drive my truck to work this week and keep the Z1's and the rest of the car last a week longer. They do stick to the road nice!