GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Detailing!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This was totally a coincidence that two e39 M5s came in for a 2 stage polish + Opti Coat Pro. They had both booked on the same day so I ended up doing the write up on both cars at the same time which is a first and was quite interesting to do. I was very happy with the out come on both cars as were the owners so enjoy seeing the process and final pics!

Arrival (you should have seen both owners' faces lol)

Masking off the rubber trim after the wash and clay

Taking paint measurements

Before

After

50/50 shot

Opti Coat Pro

Application

And the finished pics

I hope you enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoyed working on my favorite generation M5!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
A long time customer recently purchased this new 4 GTS from Pfaff and wanted to get the paint protected asap. Well after 1000km in it finally came.

I must say this is one of the most beautifulest 991s we have done this year and we had a great time working on it and admiring all the little details put together on this 4 GTS.

Paint wasn't in bad shape so just a quick 1 stage polish and then protected with Opti Coat Pro.

Enjoy!

Arrival pic

Paint measurement and plastic trim masked off

Before

After

Lovely metallic flake shot

Opti Coat Pro

And the finished pics starting with reflections off the hood

Definitely looking forward to maintaining this one over the years!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
Not really a write up. Just a beautifully done S4 we had 2 stage polished last year that came in this year for a 1 stage polish + interior. Very happy with how the owner has been maintaining the paint with the 2 Bucket Method!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
This was a US 996 Turbo with very low mileage, to be honest I forget but I'm pretty sure it was around 30000km. Paint wasn't that bad but some of the swirls were a little deeper so a 2 stage polish was needed to correct the paint. As usual with most cars we do nowadays it was protected afterwards with Opti Coat Pro.

Hope you like the pics!

Arrival pic

Masking off the rubber trim on the moonroof and had trim it with the plastic razor to get proper coverage

Measuring the paint

Before

After

Opti Coat Pro(sorry for the blurry pic)

And the finished pics

After spending the day with this one I have to say I still like the 996 Turbo and think it's great value for the money! Now I am window shopping for a 996 Turbo S or 996 GT2 hahahaha.

Wes_R

Ready to race!
I love this e46 M3! Laguna Seca Blue on Laguna Seca Blue seats and navi! What more could you ask for.

The shine on this M3 was still great but the swirls in the sun was annoying the client and he wanted to get as much of the swirls out as possible. We ended up doing a 2 stage polish which brought the paint condition to about a 9 out of 10 minus the deeper scratches.

Hope you enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed polishing this one!

Arrival

Paint measurements

Masking off the rubber trim

Before

After

50/50 shot

And the finished product :)

Wes_R

Ready to race!
Very good client contacted me regarding a 2 stage polish + Opti Coat Pro on his recently purchased Lp640.

We had tried to schedule an appointment prior to this one but due to rainy weather we had to reschedule and he mentioned that maybe he was considering postponing the detail until the springtime, which is understandable. Luckily :D... he had a change of heart and we were able to schedule a date where the weather worked in our favour!

So in to the shop it came!

As usual, the arrival pic

After cleaning the wheels, 2 Bucket Method wash, and clay bar, we masked the rubber trim

Next up was to take measurements of the paint with our special paint depth gauge which measures via ultrasound due to a few panels not being made of steel or aluminium. This gauge is not cheap at all and costed us $3000

These are the results of the 1st stage of polishing

Before

After(did I mention that solid black is a pain in the a**?!)

Headlights & Taillights were polished as well

Before

After

2nd stage of polishing was completed and then an alcohol wipe down to remove the polishing oils. Finally Opti Coat Primer applied to prepare for the Opti Coat Pro application

Tape removed and little details such as removing polish with a tooth pick from the edge of the stone guard was performed

And finally the star of the show, Opti Coat Pro

A shot in the sun to show no more swirls in the paint

All in all minus some deeper scratches which I suspect may have been from people leaning on the car for pics and the fact that it is solid black, I would say we got the paint condition to about an 8.5/9 out of 10.

Here are the results

I love reflection pics

The lens flare pointing at the car is pretty cool

And the last pic to finish the walk around

Hope you enjoyed the pics!!!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We had spoken to this client while we were polishing the 991 GT3 in Vancouver. He had a few vehicles he was taking delivery of and wanted to protect them all with Opti Coat Pro.

This was the Golf R that literally came directly from the dealership. It had very light swirling and a 1 stage polish was all that was needed to clean it up.

Arrival pic

Only 107km on the odometer

Cleaning the wheels

Measuring the paint to make sure there were no surprises

Before

After

Removing the masking tape

Opti Coat Pro

And the finished pics

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We had spoken to this client a few weeks prior to this detail and he had actually referred a Bentley to us earlier in the spring.

The car was fairly new and well taken care of so the paint was not in bad shape at all. A 1 stage polish was all that was needed to clean up the light swirls which then was protected with Opti Coat Pro afterwards.

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Taking measurements

Masking up the plastic and rubber trim

Then on to polishing the paint

Before

After

After the polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied to the paint

Via machine

Then Opti Coat Pro applied

And finally the finished pics starting with a reflection on the hood

Hope you liked the pics on this track monster!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
I had talked to this client for quite sometime now regarding his other vehicles like an e39 M5(which was sold) and an e30 M3. We had never gotten a chance to book a solid date but stayed in contact over the years. He had recently purchased this new Sprint Blue RS4 and was planning to drive it year round and wanted to protect it with Opti Coat Pro. The car was brought in for a consultation and we finally booked a date!

Arrival

After cleaning the wheels and a car wash we claybarred the paint

Took some paint measurements

And finally we started with the 1st stage of polishing

Before

After

A 50/50 shot

The metallic flake in the Sprint Blue started to really POP again!

We also polished the headlights and taillights

Before

After

After all the polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied

Unmasking

Then cleaning all the little details like removing polish from the edge of the stone guard

Then finally Opti Coat Pro is applied

And here are the afters

Always a pleasure to work on an RS and glad we could bring this Sprint Blue back to life!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
We had been looking forward to this Lava Orange 991 GT3RS for quite sometime. We maintain this clients other RS's as well so we knew about this one for almost a year now.

Not really much else to say, got the call Saturday evening and it was in the shop by Wednesday :)

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

Masking off the rubber and plastic trim

The whole front end is carbon fibre so we had to bring out our ultrasound paint gauge to measure the paint

Underneath the hood

Ultrasound measurements

Magnetic measurements

And on to polishing the paint.

There was already close to 5000km on the odometer so the paint had some light swirls to polish out before applying Opti Coat Pro.

Before

After

Before

After

The taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After the 2nd stage of polishing was completed we applied Opti Coat Primer via machine to the paint

We unmasked the trim and took care of some finishing touches like cleaning up the polishing dust and cleaning polish from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

And finally applied Opti Coat Pro

Overcast day so the gloss was not photographing the best it could be, but still happy with the finished pics!

And the icing on the cake.... an autograph under the hood from Wolfgang Porsche!!!

Hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we enjoyed working on the car!

Thanks!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
Happy New Year!

We were contacted by this client to detail this rare fire orange M3,1 of 2 I believe in Toronto, for storage. When it came in to the shop and upon inspection we came to the conclusion that it definitely needed a 2 stage polish as the paint was in rough condition. Anyways onto the polishing.

Arrival

Claybarring the paint

Measuring the paint

Masking off the rubber and plastic trim

Finally with all the prep done we started the compounding

Before

After

Before

After

Before (the trunk was in horrible shape with buffer trails everywhere)

After (there was a deeper scratch that was to deep to come out)

50/50 shot

Headlights and taillights were polished as well

Before

After

After all the compounding and polishing Opti Coat Primer was applied

Then Opti Coat Pro was applied

Here is the result of all our hard work starting with a sun shot

And finally my favourite shot

All the best in 2016!

Wes_R

Ready to race!
It was a huge pleasure to work on this classic R33 Skyline and in Midnight Purple too! We ended up performing a 2 stage polish on the paint and protecting it afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat. Ran into a small complication with the paint being fairly thin in some areas and couldn't get as aggressive as we would like to but everything turned out great regardless.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival

Cleaning the wheels

2 Bucket car wash

Claybarring the paint with the Nanoskin mitt

Masking off the rubber trim

And measuring the paint. This is one of the lower areas earlier mentioned

Before

After

50/50 shot

After the polishing was completed we cleaned out the left over polish out of the tighter areas with our trusty tooth pick

And finally Opti Gloss Coat is applied

Now for the finished pics

I tried to get a sun shot to show the flake but it had already set to far. This is the best I could do.

Hope you enjoyed the pics on this R33 Godzilla!