GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Defroster Question?

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
okay soo ive got an 08.. i noticed above the side mirror adjustment buttons there is a defroster symbol.. im assuming this means our side mirrors have defrosters? how are they engaged cuz its been hard for me to see if they are working or not.. also when i use my defroster button on the center console.. seems like the defroster on my right mirror is working and not on left? can anyone touch on this? thanks

RenegadeLatino

obsessed with black
Car(s)
BMP 2008 GTI
the side mirror defroster is turned on when you turn the knob to that defroster symbol.

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
would read the manual.. its in the car.. too lazy to go outside and get it right now figured someone on here would know thx tho:biggrin:

/endthread

MC.R

to be honest, i never noticed this feature, is it exclusive to 08+ because looking back in my mind i don't remember a symbol above the window adjuster knob and im too lazy to bring up the 08 specs.

no its not exclusive to '08 i have it in my '07 fahrenheit but i dont think it was one of the fahrenheit "extras", i think '06's even have it, but i may be wrong... anyone with an '06 wanna chime in?

myfastsilver

My Beef...Strong!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
like you need'em in Florida?

It's gotta be what? 80 degrees down there?

I live in south FL and use it all the time. Our mornings are cool with lots of humidity that sticks to our cars. Can't see a damn thing especially early AM. The mirror defrosters are great. Can't imagine what it must be in N.E. Ohio.

spookertunes

Ready to race!
I live in south FL and use it all the time. Our mornings are cool with lots of humidity that sticks to our cars. Can't see a damn thing especially early AM. The mirror defrosters are great. Can't imagine what it must be in N.E. Ohio.

All of our humidity actually turns to ice:biggrin:

It was 28 degrees this morning, what we like to refer
to as "a bit brisk".

I'm telling ya, if this weather keeps up, I'm gonna have to start wearing a jacket outside.:cool: