GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership Vancouver Washington

found

DriverFound
Dick Hannah dealership listed a ad for a Rabbit and a Jetta. They priced the 2008 Rabbit at 12,988 and the 2008 Jetta at 13,988. Most of the time those loss leaders are sold but yesterday the Jetta was on the lot so I told them I would buy it for the ad price. The salesperson checked the vin with the ad vin and they matched.
Long story short they would not sell me the car unless I financed it even though the ad did not say that the car had to be finance to get the price. The discount was close to 4,800 off of MSRP. I filed a complaint today with the Attorney General for false advertisement. I am sure there has to be some law against forcing non cash purchases.

Anyone else with bad buying experiences with that particular dealer?

Last edited:

ruffellprefley

get it?
Car(s)
08 GTI
not a buying experience, but i had a bad experience with them. before i bought my gti i went in there and test drove a gti. when we sat down at the table, the guy asked for the key to my old car, to get in there and check the mileage, write down the vin, etc...

so i gave it to him and he had someone else go write down the info. the first thing i did was say "there's no way i'm paying your $4000 dealer markup. i want the car for invoice."

he said he'd go talk to his manager, and he disappeared for about 5 minutes. he came back, and said, "i can't get rid of the dealer markup. the car is limited production and blah blah blah"

I said, give me my key, i'm leaving. he disappeared for a while again and when he came back, he still didn't have my key. so i raised my voice in their showroom, "can SOMEBODY please get my key back from this guy? all i want to do is leave."

there were other customers in the showroom that turned and looked. i finally got my key and am walking out the door and the sales manager comes jogging out after me. he was like, if you sign today, i'll give you the car at $100 over invoice.

i knew that i'd get a better deal from armstrong and just went out to dick hannah because they're close to my work and i wanted to drive the car again.

the fact that i couldn't get my keys from them to leave was a BIG turnoff. even if they had the car i wanted for $100 over invoice, i STILL wouldn't have bought from them.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
moved

James21

Automotive Enthusiast
Car(s)
71 Nova
I had a really good experience with them. I got my rabbit for the advertised 12,900 and we paid cash. I still go over there and talk to the guy who sold me my rabbit (I like to look at the GTI's LOL)

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
you know you have enough cars that going c2 stg 2 really would be smarter than trading up if you get hired by the police especially since portland has a c2 dealer

found

DriverFound
I had a really good experience with them. I got my rabbit for the advertised 12,900 and we paid cash. I still go over there and talk to the guy who sold me my rabbit (I like to look at the GTI's LOL)

If you don't mind me asking- what was his name.

found

DriverFound
So here is an update on what went down after I emailed the attorney general in both states (Or, Wa).

Dick Hannah dealership called me and offered me the car at ad price. I told the representative I was not happy about how I was treated at their dealership and they asked me what they could do to make me feel better. They offered me 400 bucks in gas and the sale price so I countered with an upgrade of wheels and tires. They swapped out the steelies and hubcaps with 17" wolfsburgs off a 2008.

So 13,988 with tires and wheels. I am pretty happy about how they stepped up to make up for the unprofessional way I was treated. Total VIP treatment when I went to pick it up. Paperwork was done in about 10 minutes, fastest deal I have ever had.

found

DriverFound
I'll throw some up after the drop and I put my 19" c2 RH's on it. Got to swap the sensors for the TPMS first. I really don't want to post any photos of it looking like a 4x4. Thanks for the responses.

I still can't believe they threw the wheels and tires in. Looks like I'll have a nice winter set up.