Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Pretty funny, but i like dane :lol:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
His early stuff was great. It looks like he tries too hard now, IMO.

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Car(s)
07 BMP 6mt GTI 2dr
He definitely tries too hard in his stand-up. His level of douche-baggery almost rivals that of Will Ferrell.:thumbdown:

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
My girl and I really tried to sit through some of Cook's earlier standup last night. We were cringing as soon as he walked out in a tank top. His jokes had no substance and he just rolled around like a tard on stage. Ironically, I think Mad TV is in the same league.... but I did find that video to be pretty funny.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
His level of douche-baggery almost rivals that of Will Ferrell.:thumbdown:

We all have opinions (and I loveWill Ferrell) but I think you would be hard-pressed to find many people that would agree you.

Dane Cook is widely regarded as a douche by now and I've seen people cringe at parties as someone mentions how much they love that monkey.

Ferrell, however, was a heavyweight on SNL for years and has gone on to produce some of the funniest movies ever made. Anchorman is a work of art. He also has quite a few viral videos that are nothing short of hilarious. I don't agree with every movie he's done, but the man is making money. Ben Stiller has been a whore for years, but I still respect him and love his earlier stuff. I will say though, I've never seen much of Ferrell out of character, so the man may be a huge rod... if this is true it would probably ruin my taste for his comedy. :frown:

Heh, I'm gonna have to look into this... honestly the first time I have ever heard anyone say a bad word about Will Ferrell!

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Car(s)
07 BMP 6mt GTI 2dr
We all have opinions (and I loveWill Ferrell) but I think you would be hard-pressed to find many people that would agree you.

Dane Cook is widely regarded as a douche by now and I've seen people cringe at parties as someone mentions how much they love that monkey.

Ferrell, however, was a heavyweight on SNL for years and has gone on to produce some of the funniest movies ever made. Anchorman is a work of art. He also has quite a few viral videos that are nothing short of hilarious. I don't agree with every movie he's done, but the man is making money. Ben Stiller has been a whore for years, but I still respect him and love his earlier stuff. I will say though, I've never seen much of Ferrell out of character, so the man may be a huge rod... if this is true it would probably ruin my taste for his comedy. :frown:

Heh, I'm gonna have to look into this... honestly the first time I have ever heard anyone say a bad word about Will Ferrell!

Sadly, you're right when you say that most people don't not like Will Ferrell. Of course, my previous post was a matter of opinion. I just can't believe how far over-the-top he takes his "comedy", and how many people swallow his shit. This past Thanksgiving I stayed at a beach house with a bunch of relatives and was forced to sit through watching Talladega Nights. It was one of the post painful nights of my life.

I'm sad to say that it has gotten to the point for me where he just plain ruins movies. Wedding Crashers was gold until he made an appearance.

/threadjack

Carry on:smile:

crabpot

Awesomesauce
This past Thanksgiving I stayed at a beach house with a bunch of relatives and was forced to sit through watching Talladega Nights. It was one of the post painful nights of my life.

I'm sad to say that it has gotten to the point for me where he just plain ruins movies. Wedding Crashers was gold until he made an appearance.

Wow, I can't believe there is someone that doesn't like Will Ferrell. Everyone has their different opinions, but I think he is absolutely hysterical. Talladega Nights it's definitely one of my least favorite movies of his, but I still find it entertaining and funny.

Back on topic, I used to like Dane Cook in his early days before he became popular. I don't think his standup is nearly as funny anymore.

Standup that some of you guys may not have heard of that you should check out:
Dov Davidoff, Daniel Tosh, and Demetri Martin. Those guys are effing hilarious.

I :wub: standup comedy.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Bill Burr is the shit. So is Tony Woods, Daniel Tosh..