GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cubital Tunnel Syndrome

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
What is Cubital Tunnel Syndrome?

Cubital tunnel syndrome is a condition brought on by increased pressure on the ulnar nerve at the elbow. There is a bump of bone on the inner portion of the elbow (medial epicondyle) under which the ulnar nerve passes. This site is commonly called the “funny bone” (see Figure 1). At this site, the ulnar nerve lies directly next to the bone and is susceptible to pressure. When the pressure on the nerve becomes great enough to disturb the way the nerve works, then numbness, tingling, and pain may be felt in the elbow, forearm, hand, and/or fingers.

Sounds like it would make masterbation more interesting.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I switch hands often, works wonders. It's all in the technique, lads.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I probably have something like that but up at my shoulders, have yet to get it checked out as it is not too bad if I don't stress them too much or drink too much caffeine.

Try staying away from caffeine. I have also had success using alcohol to relax whatever tension is causing the nerve issue (just like 1 shot, not a lot).

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
"The Stranger"

Been employing that technique for years, well before Gone in 60 Seconds. Can't be bothered with waiting time anymore.

I switch hands often, works wonders. It's all in the technique, lads.

Switch hitter, eh? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I had it in my right hand from falling asleep propping my head up with my bent elbow. At first my hand was numb, no big deal but when my pinky and ring finger didn't get the feeling back after 3 days after, I was freaking out. I started reading about it and found out one of the common causes of ulnar nerve entrapment was applying pressure on bent elbow.

Sleeping on it for a few hours aggravated it, but ultimately it ended up being my seating posture at work. The 8 hours I was sitting in my desk I was putting too much pressure on my armrests through out the day. I removed the armrests and have to actively remind myself not to use them when I sit in a chair that has them. The numbness hasn't returned but I still have some wrist issues from sitting at a desk all day.

Take a look at what you're doing throughout the day that might aggravate it.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it was scary, completely numb, limited range of movement, decreased grip strength basically like half my hand was a sleep for 3 days.

I'm not an expert but isn't the Ulnar nerve the ring and pinky finger? If it is affecting the thumb and index finger wouldn't be related to the Radial nerve?

Any idea what might have caused it?

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it was scary, completely numb, limited range of movement, decreased grip strength basically like half my hand was a sleep for 3 days.

I'm not an expert but isn't the Ulnar nerve the ring and pinky finger? If it is affecting the thumb and index finger wouldn't be related to the Radial nerve?

Any idea what might have caused it?
this is correct but you're referring to dermatomes (specific area(s) of the body where all types of sensation are felt from the sensory (does not include movement and/or muscle strength) nerves and/or nerve roots from the spine; and there are myotomes, which is pretty much the same definition above but instead of sensation, it's muscle movement and strength. in halvie's case, both the radial and ulnar nerves are involved resulting in numbness, tingling and muscle atrophy/wasting occurring at the same time, with the most common compression sites being at the elbow joint and wrist areas. in fact, there is loss of grip strength so masturbation would be difficult and may be a "part of the treatment plan" lol but seriously, strength and endurance of muscles responsible for grip and activities involving greater use of fingers (buttoning clothes, writing, pinching, pulling a sheet of paper, etc) are affected. i hope that helps. and an occupational therapist may have better ways to address that problem since i'm a physical therapist (more on major joints like shoulders, legs, hips, knees, balance, neurological, cardiac, orthopedic conditions) lol

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
if he was a tech then that's all he does and cannot interpret your EMG results, i bet he won't even be able to tell that you have cubital tunnel syndrome without looking at your chart.