GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS turbo inlet pipe

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Just received and installed this piece. Awesome stuff....spool is very audibly louder and it feels like it gained around 5-8 hp. Without a doubt worth the 129......cool stuff for sure

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Question though, how hard was it to get the stock piece out?

I remember trying to remove it before and it taking some force.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I literally did it on my lunch in 5 minutes.....very easy....a t30 torx comes out, twist off old piece, twist in new

Helltime

Ready to race!
I wonder why this kind of mod isn't really mentioned much. I know this is the MK7 we are talking about and everything is new but 7 years ago when I was modding my very first mk4 1.8T I didn't hear jack about turbo inlets, yet I gave it a try and was impressed with the difference.
Hope to hear more chime in with impressions/results.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I literally did it on my lunch in 5 minutes.....very easy....a t30 torx comes out, twist off old piece, twist in new

Ah twist toward the firewall? That would make sense and literally would take me 5 minutes as well.

Might order this in a few months, maybe they will have a sale and I'll get the outlet pipes and the turbo muffler delete at the same time.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
exactly....twist towards firewall....

I have their turbo muffler delete as well......the pair in combination sounds really good

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Also I suspect doing this + air filter + snow tray removal + opening up the grille a bit is probably going to be the best flowing option for performance or at least equally as good as a full cone intake.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Question: (only because I haven't pulled this part of the intake off). Is this the part the intake couples onto? So basically we are going with a fancy intake, then going to a narrow restrictive bend then into the turbo?

nis240sxt

Ready to race!
Right, which begs the question..is it even worth it since the bottleneck seems to be the tiny turbo inlet anyways? Check out the taper on CTS pic.