GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Cb1 -The Least Credible Forum Member Since Boosted Makes Wild Spam Post Crowning Ritz Cracker And Ketchup To Be Great Pizza

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Most people I know with a truck use it for towing, not really the bed functionality.

I know for damn sure I would not buy a 60k truck to put shit in the bed.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
The pedestrian safety thing is nuts. Our trucks would be illegal in the EU. And the fuel economy standards are really dumb. Literally a double standard. It doesn't matter if a truck never gets used as a truck (most don't) and is effectively the new Toyota Camry, it gets the lower mpg target. And all the useless third rows in small SUVs? They're only there to allow the fwd versions to count as trucks.

Yeah, the loopholes are silly. Feel like the business tax deduction method needs greater scrutiny as well.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
But people do want muscle cars, the mustang and Challenger still sell like crazy. I've never understood how/why the mustang sells so much better. I realize I might be biased as a Camaro owner, but I just don't get it. Looks are subjective, but I'll give the mustang the edge there and visibility in the mustang is better, but literally everything else about the Camaro has been better for years. Better chassis, better transmissions, better interior, etc. Plus the huge price difference - accounting for mark ups / discounts, my ZL1 was the same price as a well optioned mustang gt (I got quotes on both).

The visibility would kill it for me. Drove a camaro for a short distance and hated that. Convertible probably solves that issue.

Do you get used to it?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
The visibility would kill it for me. Drove a camaro for a short distance and hated that. Convertible probably solves that issue.

Do you get used to it?
I mean, no roof so yeah, not a problem. But even with the roof up, it's fine. With your mirrors adjusted, there are no blind spots and I have an even smaller rear window than the coupe.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

Do you get used to it?
Honestly, not as much as you'd hope it would.

I had a convertible Camaro for close to 2 months while I waited for my car to be shipped to Oahu. I hated going up/down ramps at shopping malls because the car felt as wide as the whole ramp and I could never REALLY tell where the front edge was.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
The pedestrian safety thing is nuts. Our trucks would be illegal in the EU. And the fuel economy standards are really dumb. Literally a double standard. It doesn't matter if a truck never gets used as a truck (most don't) and is effectively the new Toyota Camry, it gets the lower mpg target. And all the useless third rows in small SUVs? They're only there to allow the fwd versions to count as trucks.
Also there is a reason why all of the hatchbacks have turned into crossovers as well, like the Crosstrek and such.

https://jalopnik.com/every-car-looks-like-this-thanks-to-a-gigantic-regulato-1849837803

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
That's not bad really. I have 3. Honda Pilot, Prelude and the GTI. All paid for and...old.
I have a Honda NPS50, Volvo 940 Turbo, and GSW. The first two are paid off lol.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I have a Honda NPS50, Volvo 940 Turbo, and GSW. The first two are paid off lol.

Volvo's are so cool. I used to see one in Newark that was a bright yellow and a wagon. Thing sounded so cool.

If I didn't have kids I would not have an SUV. Since I need an SUV for the kids I totally get sporty SUV's. Yes it's an oxymoron in a sense but If I am going to be moving kids around and can get a little more fun in my ride then a regular SUV its a bonus. Acura offers the MDX/RDX for a more "sporty" Pilot.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Volvo's are so cool. I used to see one in Newark that was a bright yellow and a wagon. Thing sounded so cool.

If I didn't have kids I would not have an SUV. Since I need an SUV for the kids I totally get sporty SUV's. Yes it's an oxymoron in a sense but If I am going to be moving kids around and can get a little more fun in my ride then a regular SUV its a bonus. Acura offers the MDX/RDX for a more "sporty" Pilot.
Buddy of mine is gonna swing through this weekend to assess mine on what it needs and get it into tip top shape for me mechanically for just cost of the discounted parts lol.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I need to see what my moms GV80 is capable of some day. It's got a faster 0-60 time than a mk7 GTI. lol
I've never driven a "luxury" suv and she's got the 3.5t so it has 375 hp. All I did so far is move it forward and backward a little bit in the driveway, but even with only doing that I immediately noticed how smooth the brake and gas pedals felt. It wasn't like anything I've driven before.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I need to see what my moms GV80 is capable of some day. It's got a faster 0-60 time than a mk7 GTI. lol
I've never driven a "luxury" suv and she's got the 3.5t so it has 375 hp. All I did so far is move it forward and backward a little bit in the driveway, but even with only doing that I immediately noticed how smooth the brake and gas pedals felt. It wasn't like anything I've driven before.
I worked with a guy that had the G70 with all the bolt on mods. I forget how much power he claimed it was making, was probably pretty quick tho.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
@riceburner's build thread gets better title updates than CSB3.

CSB2 died for nothing.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Yeah I get the whole sporty SUV thing, I think it's not really that different from the Dad Wagon move. Something sporty that can haul people and stuff. It's just that Dad Wagons are way cooler 🤷🏼‍♂️