GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Kinda wanna try that double steak grilled cheese burrito

But I also dont want to shit my pants later

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Forgot i had this awesome office toy
20221208_113105.gif

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Had to get baby formula and dog food so got a Sam’s Club hot dog combo and 12” churro for lunch. Only $2.38.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Around Edison is where we'll mainly be, so Runnemede is a bit far out. Though, we haven't totally planned out our week so we may end up in Philly for a day.

That's where I'm at right now. I cannot stand driving anywhere these days and public transit takes care of 90% of my needs and isn't a big hit, timewise. I fill up my gas tank once every 2 months, if that.
Driving to work is 30-45min one way, or taking a bus is 45-55min one way. Cheap price to pay to not have to sit in nuts to butts traffic.
In the back of my head, I've even been considering selling the car. It's paid off, but between parking fees, insurance and gas I'm dumping $3,600+ into the privilege of owning a car in a city I hate to drive in.

Don’t make a special trip to get a “Philly” cheesesteak they suck.

Yeah hard to justify the cost of a car in your situation.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Don’t make a special trip to get a “Philly” cheesesteak they suck.

Yeah hard to justify the cost of a car in your situation.

I've been to philly before, did not bother with the cheesesteaks.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Had to get baby formula and dog food so got a Sam’s Club hot dog combo and 12” churro for lunch. Only $2.38.
They have to be taking a huge loss on that hot dog combo. It's so much for like $1.50
I've been to philly before, did not bother with the cheesesteaks.
The cheesesteaks start being worth it once you are in an area they no longer have to specify it's a "Philly cheesesteak". I think that's what he was alluding to.

Chicago Bros: does the same rule apply to deep dish? If they have to specify that it's "Chicago Deep Dish", do you know it'll be bad?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Chicago Style Philly Cheesesteaks

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
They have to be taking a huge loss on that hot dog combo. It's so much for like $1.50

The cheesesteaks start being worth it once you are in an area they no longer have to specify it's a "Philly cheesesteak". I think that's what he was alluding to.

Chicago Bros: does the same rule apply to deep dish? If they have to specify that it's "Chicago Deep Dish", do you know it'll be bad?
Yes. If they specify you know it's some n00b from Connecticut or Massachusetts who just moved here and thinks they know what it is. I heard those places use pasta instead of dough on their deep dish which is probably why the new englanders in this thread are confused.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So there IS a fabled lasagna pizza?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.