• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
At times, I owned 3 to 5 at a time. All 3 MX-5s were in my driveway at one point. Don't ask why, I can't explain it. I must have been feeling super gay or something.
This reminds me, the Camaro ZL1 groups on Facebook are, as you might imagine, a hotbed of misogyny, racism and homophobia. Every time someone asks about getting a convertible (of the Camaro ZL1 mind you), people come out of the woodwork with comments like "I'd be afraid to drive with another guy in it" or "convertibles are for gays and secretaries". It's pretty funny to see how insecure the typical owner of that kind of car is.

PS - I'd be in a Miata instead if it had back seats!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
This reminds me, the Camaro ZL1 groups on Facebook are, as you might imagine, a hotbed of misogyny, racism and homophobia.
I don't mind the jokes, and drop a few myself, but we (as a whole) aren't that far from this.

Cars are just inherently a "dude/bro" thing but that doesn't really excuse the behavior. I also get the feeling that if any one individual pushed back on this they would quickly become a pariah.

Pretty thin line between jokes and...not jokes.

Anyway.

Here's my car list:

86 VW Jetta(yeah, I know, see above)
90 Audi 80
2001 Ford Focus (crashed this car, sad, it was a lot of fun)
1998 Subaru Forester
2004 Honda Civic
2014 Subaru Impreza
2017 VW GTI.

All manuals ;)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't mind the jokes, and drop a few myself, but we (as a whole) aren't that far from this.

Cars are just inherently a "dude/bro" thing but that doesn't really excuse the behavior. I also get the feeling that if any one individual pushed back on this they would quickly become a pariah.

Pretty thin line between jokes and...not jokes.

Anyway.

Here's my car list:

86 VW Jetta(yeah, I know, see above)
90 Audi 80
2001 Ford Focus (crashed this car, sad, it was a lot of fun)
1998 Subaru Forester
2004 Honda Civic
2014 Subaru Impreza
2017 VW GTI.

All manuals ;)

I don't know what you're talking about. Around here, being branded a lesbian is a a sign of respect.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Short and Boring Car List:

1983 Dodge Charger
1982 Chevy Monte Carlo
1988 Plymouth Sundance
1990 Plymouth Sundance RS
1987 Toyota Celica GTS
1998 Honda Civic EX
2006 Mitsubishi Evo IX
2017 VW GTI SE (Current)

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I'll join in-
'78 (or '79) VW Rabbit
'72 Saab 96
'78 Volvo 240 wagon
another '78 Volvo wagon
mid '80's Dodge Colt
'82 VW Scirocco
'84 Mazda RX-7
mid '80's Buick wagon with faux wood panelling
'03 Mazda Protégé 5
'98 Volvo S60
'08 Volvo S70
'18 Volvo XC60
'18 VW GTI

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Short and Boring Car List:

1983 Dodge Charger
1982 Chevy Monte Carlo
1988 Plymouth Sundance
1990 Plymouth Sundance RS
1987 Toyota Celica GTS
1998 Honda Civic EX
2006 Mitsubishi Evo IX
2017 VW GTI SE (Current)
I didn’t know that Dodge was even making a Charger back then. I thought that they just had the Daytona. Even those were very few and far between in my area. (And my dad had an ‘83 Camaro, so I was smitten with those)

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I didn’t know that Dodge was even making a Charger back then. I thought that they just had the Daytona. Even those were very few and far between in my area. (And my dad had an ‘83 Camaro, so I was smitten with those)
My buddy had an 86 shelby charger. Was a dodge omni with a graphics kit. Did have a turbo though. Was definitely a fun car. I definitely scared the crap out of him when he let me test drive it. My love of the turbo 4 was born with that car.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
My uncle had five Fiero’s…. No, I don’t know why.
Chances are pretty high om about to inherit a 87 fiero formula with 17k original miles. Idk what the fuck id do with it lol. Its so low miles but really sat for the last 15 years so probablt needs a fuckton of work

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Chances are pretty high om about to inherit a 87 fiero formula with 17k original miles. Idk what the fuck id do with it lol. Its so low miles but really sat for the last 15 years so probablt needs a fuckton of work
Do the Fiero Ferrari kit!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
This reminds me, the Camaro ZL1 groups on Facebook are, as you might imagine, a hotbed of misogyny, racism and homophobia. Every time someone asks about getting a convertible (of the Camaro ZL1 mind you), people come out of the woodwork with comments like "I'd be afraid to drive with another guy in it" or "convertibles are for gays and secretaries". It's pretty funny to see how insecure the typical owner of that kind of car is.

Ever have sex with a woman in a silver/tan 2002 Miata, while she uses the black roll bar as a handle/support?

Yeah me neither, I was so gay when we had that car. 😆

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

My buddy Adam and I would go to lunch in the Miata and get weird looks. It's crazy that one of the all time great sports cars is considered girly or gay.

Oh, and I did kind of forget one of my favorite cars of all time. It wasn't mine, but my dad's, but I drove it in high school. It was a 1969 Alfa Romeo Berlina 2000. Built engine, sway bars, springs, Konis, it was a beast. It was putting out about 170 hp and would smoke almost any new car on the road in the early to mid 80's. It's nickname was Flying Brick.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ran into a guy with a rally blue sti hatch at the gas station. One of the few with e85

Me : nice sti
Him : thanks. Just sucks with gas prices and have to put 93
Me: why not get an e85 tune
Him : naa. Don't want to run anything worse
Me : 🤔. Ok. Car guy - > car guy

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Reading all these lists, we could start a sword fighting club. First rule of sword fighting club is........ buy a Miata, Outback or Jetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.