• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've recently transitioned to a new role at work, which requires me to go into the office temporarily a few days a week. I haven't worn hard pants this many days in a row in years...
Get some jnco's.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's not easy finding a budget pc for office work. We have a computer that I think is dead, but I don't really care if it's not. I'm not fixing it, it's always been a piece of shit computer since the day we bought it. I've never seen a computer perform so badly that it couldn't even handle windows. Somebody shut it down in the middle of an update and after almost 24 hours it's only 39% recovered. I ordered a pre-built replacement for that one so I can get it up and running asap and then ordered enough parts to build 3 more computers for the guys that are still running windows 7. Came out to like $450 per pc with some decent specs. We don't need anything crazy, as long as chrome and outlook works that's good enough. An i3-10100 with a 500gb nvme ssd will be so much faster than what they're used to.

One of the computers I'll be replacing is in the office that had a window blown out during Irma. We dumped the water out of the case, let it dry, and over 2 years later it still works somehow. It's got some kinda important files on it though, and I don't trust that it'll continue to work for much longer.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Holy fuck, first time in 7 years that I've eaten a cheese burger from the hospitals cafeteria. Literally the worst burger I've ever eaten and I've lived all over the country/world and served in the military for 24+years. JFC, you'd have to go out of your way to make it any worse. I might as well have eaten cardboard. Did they steal this shit from a Florida prison?
That's... that's a bad burger hahaha. If it was so bad you immediately had to come tell the world, it's bad.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's... that's a bad burger hahaha. If it was so bad you immediately had to come tell the world, it's bad.

There's a guy that I work with here and we both used to work at Ascension Health Riverside. We were just talking about how amazing the cafeteria was there and how freaking TERRIBLE all the food at the hospital we work at now is. All of it, not just the burgers, is unedible.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Used to work at a joint that had burgers in the vending machine... I couldn't do it, never even tried one.
1642536028625.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
In the supermarket I love reading the ingredients list out to see who throws up first........

....."mechanically recovered chicken" anyone????......:unsure:............:sick:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I'm pretty sure schools, hospitals, and prisons all get their food from the same place.

https://thecounter.org/this-under-t...ons-to-hospitals-food-banks-and-even-schools/

Yup, that's right. I'm certain that every Friday in high school, I had the same awful, bullshit burger that @GTIfan99 just had. I do remember some good things on the menu, though -- like steak fingers and the chicken breakfast biscuit. The pizza was just as bad, if not worse than the burger. The dough was dry and spongey and the sauce was weirdly sweet and sometimes metallic-tasting.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
They were a newer version that initially had "healthy" options. I guess when they didn't sell, they loaded it with burgers, dogs, tacos, burritos etc. Mmmm delicious
View attachment 236046
Yeah we had these in a vending machine at work. Never saw anyone eat any but any time they were out I assumed someone on night shift had a grand old time on the can afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.