GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Challenger - No idea I was like 2 years old.
9/11 - Honestly, don't remember. I could tell you I was in school, and would have been a sophomore in highschool, just based on the date\time. But no idea from there.
MJ - No idea, again 🤷‍♂️
Bennington - I actually remember. I was in line at a Starbucks at the San Diego Convention Center during Comic-Con. And I only remember that because I sent a text to a buddy of mine who was a big LP fan and had tickets to see them in like a month.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
I thought mj was just in jail, nm thats bill cos or r kelly
Bill Cosby was in jail but was released on good behavior. R. Kelly was found guilty on a few charges last year but still has a verdict for the rest. He is going to rot in prison.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Off-Topic: Really considering to buy a roof tent for my GTI for future events like GRIDLIFE and GOLFMKX2022.

Do any of you think something like this is too much for our cars?

1650460416071.png

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Off-Topic: Really considering to buy a roof tent for my GTI for future events like GRIDLIFE and GOLFMKX2022.

View attachment 246554

They are super rad IMO. I went to Riverside in Chattanooga last week and there was a couple there with a similar setup to this pic. All the luggage is kept in their Mk7, both sleep comfortably up top.

Reactions: vu.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

View attachment 246554
I'll ask the obvious question. Why not a hotel?

Usually these events are in or near towns and there is something nice about having a toilet and shower available to you.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
They are super rad IMO. I went to Riverside in Chattanooga last week and there was a couple there with a similar setup to this pic. All the luggage is kept in their Mk7, both sleep comfortably up top.

My thoughts exactly when I first saw this lol. I've gone camping may times in the past and I honestly could see myself in a setup like this with my GTI. Many reviews I've seen have said it is pretty comfortable inside!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

View attachment 246554

Clearly it's not too much for these cars, since you have a picture of it right there :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: vu.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)

Usually these events are in or near towns and there is something nice about having a toilet and shower available to you.

Well for GRIDLIFE I've always camped at the race track with friends and just adds more to the overall experience there but for MKX2022 I may consider a hotel if that is closer compare to a campground.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Challenger - was in first grade, the teacher had wheeled a TV into the class so that we could watch the launch. 😐

9/11 - was waiting to get into my Audio recording and Production II class when the first plane hit. Stranded 10 miles from my apartment b/c public transportation shut down and I didn’t have cash to take a cab. Ended up walking around downtown Boston until the subway kicked back up.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion

One time investment in a $1000-ish tent is cheaper in the long run if you camp a lot then hotels at lots of events. Plus adds a coolness factor.

My thoughts exactly when I first saw this lol. I've gone camping may times in the past and I honestly could see myself in a setup like this with my GTI. Many reviews I've seen have said it is pretty comfortable inside!

Thats what I've read too. Throw down a couple of sleeping pads and a pillow and you're set.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
9/11 - I had just started a new job at a major insurance company the day before. IT dropped the ball, so I had a cube, but no PC, no phone, just my Motorola Razer. The first plane hit about an hour after I got to work. At 11:00 I was called into a Senior VP's office where he had a TV on the wall. The company had over 300 employees on the 13th floor of the South Tower. While we watched, we started planning on where we could set up a temporary workspace for these employees, while not even knowing if they were alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.