GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Has anyone ever removed tint before? Is it better to pay someone? Looks like a big fat pain in the ass.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Has anyone ever removed tint before? Is it better to pay someone? Looks like a big fat pain in the ass.
It is, but I've had luck with a steamer, some windex and a razor blade.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I think the party is about to come to an end.

I don't think you'll see values drop as drastically as they did in 2008, but a correction is coming, and not just in housing. At some point people can't or won't pay these ridiculously inflated prices.
The prices are high because rates are still relatively low, credit is still relatively easy to get, and demand is stupid high, at least where I live. Houses sell in hours for over asking.

Interest rates are going to be ratcheted up at least four more times this year. That should cool demand somewhat, but not cause a crash. What will cause a crash is persistent double digit inflation, coupled with a significant stock market correction, and the resultant panic in the media/SM. Crashes in any market are mostly caused by panic.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Oh yeah I'm not doing it for exactly that reason. Also sounds like they just want me to take an equity loan. Nope
We just a call from our lender saying we could lower our payment. I said, 'Listen, we already got the best rate 4 years ago and saved a ton by doing a 15 year mortgage.'
He said, well we can lower your payment.
Yeah, to start over again with a longer term and higher rate, plus closing costs. No thanks.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
We just a call from our lender saying we could lower our payment. I said, 'Listen, we already got the best rate 4 years ago and saved a ton by doing a 15 year mortgage.'
Yeah, to start over again with a longer term and higher rate, plus closing costs. No thanks.
What he meant was "but I can make a commission if you refi!"

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
There are many ways to look at this. I'm with you on the mindset of I prefer to not have debts, so hitting reset on a mortgage is a bad idea to me. (said the guy who just sold his property and will be buying another)

That being said for those who are more comfortable leveraging themselves cash-flow would be the #1 concern. Refinancing a lower amount into a longer time period would obviously free up cash so they can invest or pay off other high interest debts. It's not the worst idea depending on someone's situation. It's also not a bad idea if you think this inflation isn't just transitory to borrow more money now and pay it back when it's worth less. Just as long as you spend it wisely now.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Based on my experience removing PA inspection stickers, I'd pay someone.

There's a shop in Middletown I used to remove the tint on my front windows for inspection that did a nice job. Took like 30 minutes and my car was immaculate when I got it back. It was pretty cheap too.

https://ejwindowtint.square.site/

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i love always sunny. wish i could watch more of it i've only seen a dozen episodes over the years

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I've done the side windows, never done the rear. Sides are easy but tedious. Get a glass scraper and a box of 100 Razer blades.

Back windshield, I don't fuck with as you can damage your defroster lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.