GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
If you're going to daily drive it, I wouldn't get too hung up on future resale. If they become collectible (and that's a big if), only garage kept, low mileage ones will get big money in the distant future. Daily driven ones will just be another used car, only more expensive to maintain. Prior to the insanity of the last 2 years, most RS models tanked in value until they were like 20 years old. You'll end up selling it to riceburner.
Yea, there's a bunch of ifs that'll effect the resale in the future and whether or not it'll become any kind of collectible. Hard to count on anything going the way I would expect it and all I have are rumors to go by. So far I haven't been able to predict a damn thing and nothing has gone as expected.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Yea, there's a bunch of ifs that'll effect the resale in the future and whether or not it'll become any kind of collectible. Hard to count on anything going the way I would expect it and all I have are rumors to go by. So far I haven't been able to predict a damn thing and nothing has gone as expected.
If you're going to keep it forever, then wait for the one you really want. But if it's just a car you really like and will use up, then sell, is it worth missing out on a year or more of ownership for a couple options?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Last week the chief medical officer and medical staff president ambushed me in a meeting to throw me under the bus for a project of mine that went live back in July last year. We had 3 months to get a new HIPPA compliant text and communications live. It's a normally a min 8 to 12 months. It took the hospital 24 month to get the last one working. I was responsible for the technical implementation, the clinical build, training, role out and support. Multiple people were responsible last time, I was PM for education and go live support for last system.

We got it live and working, but struggled the first month with bugs, but resolved them and we've pushed the vendor to make some huge improvements, with an aggressive monthly upgrade schedule. And mind you, these two assholes are why we were forced off the last system.

These two ass clowns ambush me in front of the CEO, CIO, CMIO, CNO and COO saying the system is terrible and doesn't work.

Luckily, I had my laptop, and while they were complaining, pulled up their accounts. One hadn't logged in since first day of go live in July, other one had never logged in.

I played along and acted concerned and asked for specifics on what they didn't like and even took notes. Then played dumb and said, there must be something wrong, it says one of you hasn't logged in for 7 months and the other never logged in. They back track and say it was other doctors on the med exec committee complaining. Pulled up everyone on MEC, only he guy that hadn't logged in for 7 months has ever logged in.

Then I went on the offensive and asked how people are texting with them and they admit to violating hippa on the daily. I got pretty nasty with them and just raked them over the coals about their complete lack of cooperation with any hospital projects and questioned why he'd even want to be the med president if he wasn't there to foster cooperation. I was probably out of line, but you guys know I get a little hot under the collar, so I wasn't surprised to have an invite to a 30 min meeting with the CEO this morning. I expected to be clearing out my desk.

Walked out with a $20k raise. That was unexpected.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
fucking WIN! Great story gti99

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
If you're going to keep it forever, then wait for the one you really want. But if it's just a car you really like and will use up, then sell, is it worth missing out on a year or more of ownership for a couple options?
All good points. I really have no idea though. I'm trying not to give up on the tech pack. I like the idea of the HUD and the upgraded speakers. In reality I'll never see the HUD in the day time because of my polarized sunglasses and I barely turn my music up most of the time. I'd rather hear the engine. None of the other options matter to me, don't need em.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
That’s fuckin dope. That’s a massive raise. Congratulations!

Back in october or so my manager (who has been here a year less than me and was hired because of me) built himself an office and has basically abandoned the department and everything is in shambles. I went to his boss - the operations manager (a man that has known me since I was a small child) and sat him down. I asked to take over the management position and a raise, a list of grievances, how to fix them and a road map of goals for 2023. He said he was down, abandoning manager was good with it. Radio silence on it for months despite me asking for updates. Or it’s the start of 2023.

Come a couple Thursdays ago. Ops manager gets everyone together. Basically repeats to everyone what I said to him back in October. Then announces the new manager. Someone who’s been here half as long as me, works in a completely different building, and has zero experience with the positions or people that he’s managing.

So far he’s been in the office for the last couple weeks. He’s said and done essentially nothing for the department. I’ve stopped coming into work an hour early. I sit in the car in parking lot in front of the front door for 45 mins. Clock in at 8:30. I take my breaks at 10 and 2. I leave at 5 on the dot. No more staying late. No more optional weekends. No more coming in in days off in an emergency. Shit still in a disarray in the back. And you know what? It’s not my fuckin problem.

But hey. I got a $1 raise tho.

So after nearly 16 years here…. Fuck em. I’ve started to follow my dreams and going to flight school and pursue being A pilot like such a large portion of my family is.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Last week the chief medical officer and medical staff president ambushed me in a meeting to throw me under the bus for a project of mine that went live back in July last year. We had 3 months to get a new HIPPA compliant text and communications live. It's a normally a min 8 to 12 months. It took the hospital 24 month to get the last one working. I was responsible for the technical implementation, the clinical build, training, role out and support. Multiple people were responsible last time, I was PM for education and go live support for last system.

We got it live and working, but struggled the first month with bugs, but resolved them and we've pushed the vendor to make some huge improvements, with an aggressive monthly upgrade schedule. And mind you, these two assholes are why we were forced off the last system.

These two ass clowns ambush me in front of the CEO, CIO, CMIO, CNO and COO saying the system is terrible and doesn't work.

Luckily, I had my laptop, and while they were complaining, pulled up their accounts. One hadn't logged in since first day of go live in July, other one had never logged in.

I played along and acted concerned and asked for specifics on what they didn't like and even took notes. Then played dumb and said, there must be something wrong, it says one of you hasn't logged in for 7 months and the other never logged in. They back track and say it was other doctors on the med exec committee complaining. Pulled up everyone on MEC, only he guy that hadn't logged in for 7 months has ever logged in.

Then I went on the offensive and asked how people are texting with them and they admit to violating hippa on the daily. I got pretty nasty with them and just raked them over the coals about their complete lack of cooperation with any hospital projects and questioned why he'd even want to be the med president if he wasn't their to foster cooperation. I was probably out of line, but you guys know I get a little hot under the collar, so I wasn't surprised to have an invite to a 30 min meeting with the CEO this morning. I expected to be clearing out my desk.

Walked out with a $20k raise. That was unexpected.
VCSB

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
That’s fuckin dope. That’s a massive raise. Congratulations!

Back in october or so my manager (who has been here a year less than me and was hired because of me) built himself an office and has basically abandoned the department and everything is in shambles. I went to his boss - the operations manager (a man that has known me since I was a small child) and sat him down. I asked to take over the management position and a raise, a list of grievances, how to fix them and a road map of goals for 2023. He said he was down, abandoning manager was good with it. Radio silence on it for months despite me asking for updates. Or it’s the start of 2023.

Come a couple Thursdays ago. Ops manager gets everyone together. Basically repeats to everyone what I said to him back in October. Then announces the new manager. Someone who’s been here half as long as me, works in a completely different building, and has zero experience with the positions or people that he’s managing.

So far he’s been in the office for the last couple weeks. He’s said and done essentially nothing for the department. I’ve stopped coming into work an hour early. I sit in the car in parking lot in front of the front door for 45 mins. Clock in at 8:30. I take my breaks at 10 and 2. I leave at 5 on the dot. No more staying late. No more optional weekends. No more coming in in days off in an emergency. Shit still in a disarray in the back. And you know what? It’s not my fuckin problem.

But hey. I got a $1 raise tho.

So after nearly 16 years here…. Fuck em. I’ve started to follow my dreams and going to flight school and pursue being A pilot like such a large portion of my family is.
that is so aggravating man, but you are doing the right thing lol.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
It's actually fun to watch things descend into chaos when you could work hard enough to stop it but just say fuck it instead.
It really has been so wonderful and has lowered my stress levels not giving a fuck about shit that ain’t got shit to do with me. And flying is the best feeling in the world.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
a dollar raise is 2080 total in a 40h/week year, which after taxes is like 1500 bucks.

Definitely Riceburner future RS3 money.

Status
Not open for further replies.