Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Customer Service Bulletin

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I don't really hate on Chicago pie, but compared to New Haven it's nowhere near as good.

Me and Mrs Mud are doing date one day next week...ride in the Comet to look at our small town's scarecrow exhibit on the town green then great ice cream and pizza (separate locations). I am also hoping to play mini golf then stop at a nice market to get something for the grill this wknd. Summer is ending and we haven't played yet this year.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
If we're laying all the cards on the table...

I don't think I've ever had real Chicago Deep Dish pizza. Not even like, Outside of Chicago Deep Dish Pizza...
Ban
I don't really hate on Chicago pie, but compared to New Haven it's nowhere near as good.

Me and Mrs Mud are doing date one day next week...ride in the Comet to look at our small town's scarecrow exhibit on the town green then great ice cream and pizza (separate locations). I am also hoping to play mini golf then stop at a nice market to get something for the grill this wknd. Summer is ending and we haven't played yet this year.
Ban

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

200 (3).gif

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If we're laying all the cards on the table...

I don't think I've ever had real Chicago Deep Dish pizza. Not even like, Outside of Chicago Deep Dish Pizza...
And after the comments in this thread I don't ever want to try Chicago Deep Dish pizza.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I like jokes too, but why Chicago deep dish pizza? I mean clearly it's one of the best things ever. Do people really not like it? Second part of the question; what the fuck is wrong with you?

Never had deep dish in Chicago. I've had deep dish elsewhere, made by Chicago families. Most recently at Windy City Pie in Seattle. I do like deep dish, it's just not my first choice. Deep dish and thin crust are two different moods for me, and I'm usually in a thin crust mood. AKA non-fork-and-knife mood.
Windy City Pie offers a fun thing -- you make a reservation, but you also place your order ahead of time. That way they get your pie in the oven about half an hour before you even get there so you aren't sitting around waiting, since deep dish takes like, 3-4X as long to cook as thin crust. Or just get there with your friends and have a couple beers for 45-50 minutes while your pizza bakes.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
At least no one mentioned an Alabama Hot Pocket..........

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I've had Ginos East. It was good. Not the best pizza I've ever had, also not bad. There is no bad pizza.... ok there is, Pizza Street. Correction: other than shitty all you can eat pizza joints in the midwest there really isn't bad pizza.
It wasn't even that great of a deal, unless the whole family packed away 8 slices each, like bears getting ready for hibernation. It would be like $5-7 per head, so parents and a kid would pay close to $20. For <$10, they could get a large pie from Little Caesars and they'd all be full.

Status
Not open for further replies.