GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
The other day it was about 104 and the gym I go to is in an old 'service bay' looking building. It's hot as bawls in there

Jay would cry and book an early flight back home :sneaky:
Vanderbeekcrying.jpg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
The other day it was about 104 and the gym I go to is in an old 'service bay' looking building. It's hot as bawls in there

Jay would cry and book an early flight back home :sneaky:
Heh you have me confused. I don't mind hot weather, I'm used to sweating my face off working in hot AF garages

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
damn good to know. i'd love to live somewhere (that isn't california) that has fantastic summers.

doesn't it rain like 80% of the time in seatlle? like isn't it always drizzling? or is that a myth

It does rain a lot, but it's almost never more than a drizzle. Seriously, just a light rain shell and you're fine. Most times you don't even need one since the mist is so light. I can count on one hand the number of times per year that it actually rains buckets, like real downpour.
Although, I do miss heavy storms every now and then. Hearing the thunder rumble in the distance, sorta comforting. Incredibly rare to have a storm that bad up here.

Keeping a car clean is pretty damn annoying, though. From October to maybe March or April, you'll rarely have more than a day or two without some level of rain. Three if you're lucky. From early November to the beginning of May, I just didn't bother washing my car. There was no point in expending the effort, it was just gonna get dirty tomorrow.

But the SUMMERS! Good gravy! Heat waves are rare and don't last more than a few days. Typical summer temps are 75-85F and it's quite dry during the summer months. Beautiful environment, nature, lots of things to do outdoors. Hell, that all is valid for the rest of the year too. I don't let a little bit of rain stop me from enjoying myself -- I got a good rain jacket and my camera is weather rated. Ain't no thing.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
It does rain a lot, but it's almost never more than a drizzle. Seriously, just a light rain shell and you're fine. Most times you don't even need one since the mist is so light. I can count on one hand the number of times per year that it actually rains buckets, like real downpour.
Although, I do miss heavy storms every now and then. Hearing the thunder rumble in the distance, sorta comforting. Incredibly rare to have a storm that bad up here.

Keeping a car clean is pretty damn annoying, though. From October to maybe March or April, you'll rarely have more than a day or two without some level of rain. Three if you're lucky. From early November to the beginning of May, I just didn't bother washing my car. There was no point in expending the effort, it was just gonna get dirty tomorrow.

But the SUMMERS! Good gravy! Heat waves are rare and don't last more than a few days. Typical summer temps are 75-85F and it's quite dry during the summer months. Beautiful environment, nature, lots of things to do outdoors. Hell, that all is valid for the rest of the year too. I don't let a little bit of rain stop me from enjoying myself -- I got a good rain jacket and my camera is weather rated. Ain't no thing.
I'm not a big fan of Seattle, except for King Salmon, King Crab, and The Walrus and Carpenter.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I'm not a big fan of Seattle, except for King Salmon, King Crab, and The Walrus and Carpenter.

Walrus and Carpenter is a great little spot. Lots of other fantastic places to get all types of fish and shellfish, like Boat Bar, RockCreek and Westward.

The music scene here is amazing and you'll never run out of activities to do, but you do have to leave Seattle (or at least head to the northern/southern-most areas) for cheap/good donuts, tacos and other foods that typically are very affordable elsewhere. Lots of $5-6 frou frou donuts or $20 taco plates (with ONLY two, very mediocre tacos) in central/downtown Seattle all because the tech bros can afford it.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
My fiance wanted to move to Seattle bad but I talked her out of it being basically no racetracks nearby.

.... what? Pacific Raceways is a 30 min drive south and it's byooootiful. Like driving through a forest. The Ridge is a 2hr drive away. That's about it, though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
50-60% or higher chance of rain from 3pm-10pm every day with 60-70% humidity. Typical summer weather. It'll be hotter with more humidity in august.

1656438830480.png

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

OT #27: Hot as Bawls Everywhere​

:sneaky:
Wow. Did you happen to remember a post I made back in 2016 about heat or just really good at searching? Impressive either way
.... what? Pacific Raceways is a 30 min drive south and it's byooootiful. Like driving through a forest. The Ridge is a 2hr drive away. That's about it, though.
I'd get bored with only 2 nearby. Driving to California for the good tracks all summer would blow

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
In the works homie be patient.

How fuckin long it take? Click user name, promote to moderator. Click user name, promote to moderator. Click user name, promote to moderator. Head back to Ibiza.

Status
Not open for further replies.