GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Yeah. They have 2. Not little guys either, full on 300lb pigs. They live in the house, like dogs. Which they also have 2 of, but those are little 15lb yippers. The pigs are apparently smarter than the dogs.
I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yeah. They have 2. Not little guys either, full on 300lb pigs. They live in the house, like dogs. Which they also have 2 of, but those are little 15lb yippers. The pigs are apparently smarter than the dogs.
I wonder if they eat bacon.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.

Don't get me wrong. They're the nicest people you could ever want for neighbors. Snowed overnight? Wake up to a snow-blowed driveway, because he was outside at 5am, and snow-blowed the 4 driveways on our street. Last week, I cut back the tree in our front yard as much as I could with my 10' pole saw. A decent amount cut off. Was just going to cut it up into smaller chunks, and asked to borrow his yard waste buckets, because he has a dozen of them. Said wait till Saturday, we could throw it in his truck and just bring it to the recycling station (they take yard waste for free and compost it). Saturday morning rolls around, at 7:30 my wife wakes me up and tells me he's outside loading the tree. Throw on clothes and run out, just as he's finishing it up. Go for the ride to help him unload at least, and he buys me a coffee on the way back. Which was only since I rushed and didn't have my wallet, otherwise I would have paid. Got him a $20 gift card the next day and a thank you note in his mailbox though.

So yeah. Great neighbors. Just their house smells a little on the inside :ROFLMAO:

Oh. And fucking loves craft beer. Whole fridges dedicated to it. That's his and his wife's thing, going to as many breweries as possible.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I had a theory when I used to travel overseers. If you kept a steady stream of beer going, you couldn't get sick.

I'm not sure if it worked, but I never got sick or at least not that I could remember or care.
Back in '93 I worked a vendor booth at the Paris Air Show. I must have gotten some bad water somewhere, because I came down with a wicked case of strep throat. Over there, they sell antibiotics over the counter, and one of the Paris-based booth staff brought me some. He also had me start drinking straight vodka starting at noon. He called it "sterilization". There was a full bottle in the freezer every day.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Dude, I remember those things.

It was hard to get in and then you were just inside... behind the bars.

Like a quick glimpse into the future 🤣

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
One summer I worked at a water park and the life guards had a drill where they would be tested by someone throwing a red ball into the water. If they got red-balled they would have to rescue the ball. Basically a simple test of awareness.

One morning before the park opened my boy and I red-balled a bunch of them with balls we stole from the ball pit the night before.

Pretty hilarious to see people drop their morning tasks and immediately dive in. Mean, but hilarious. It was cold in the morning too. 😋

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Heat. It was warm Sunday. After chores I asked Mrs Mud if she wanted to go for a ride in the Comet "no it's too hot" I didn't bother mentioning how well True Vent Windows work

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Dude in the truck was flying!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.