GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Fridge came with the place and is 17 years old. Top freezer. Freezer is still ice cold, but the fridge won't get any colder. I just remodeled the kitchen, so everything is probably as clean as it's been in this house in 30+ years.

Find a local "used" appliance place. I paid $600 (plus a $50 delivery fee) for a brand new $2,800 fridge, basically scratch and dent appliance. Except at an actual discount, not like 10% off you'd get at a big box store.

1651691287069.png
1651691316310.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Most fridge/freezer combos run the compressor based on freezer temp, then push air from the freezer to the fridge using a damper or blower controlled by the fridge thermostat (or just a simple knob that opens/closes the damper on real cheap ones). Should be fixable assuming you can find the parts and the cost shouldn't be bad.
would defrosting the freezer help in that case?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Scratch and dent places are the way to go, second only by closing department stores.
It's going to be really hard to find exactly what I need brand new let alone scratch-and-dent. When I "sort & filter" Home Depot's website based on size and color that I need for my space, it goes from ~900 available fridges down to 6.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i took a whirl on a 'scratch and dent' samsung fridge/freezer when we got our place. the fridge works well. however it won't make ice. and the freezer fucking sucks. everything freezer burns, and top of that water keeps pooling in the bottom and freezing somehow so i gotta manually chip and scrape it off every few weeks or the door starts not closing all the way.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
The Clubsport GTI bumper swap takes care of both the reflectors and the fog lights.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Did anybody watch the Amber Turd testimony?

Status
Not open for further replies.