GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Retail will suck the life out of you. I started in retail and couldn't wait to get out. I escaped to the legal office and it was all uphill from there.

there are still a couple of remnants that stick with me 30 some years later - not taking lunch breaks and when I do take a break, I suck it down in 5 minutes - even Sunday dinners with the family.

I was a projectionist in high school - that was fun.
I was also a projectionist the last time I worked at a theater. It was all digital but the digital shows still need programmed too. A little easier though lol. However, we did play The Hateful Eight on 70mm, and that was cool to see.

cb1111

I was also a projectionist the last time I worked at a theater. It was all digital but the digital shows still need programmed too. A little easier though lol. However, we did play The Hateful Eight on 70mm, and that was cool to see.
Wimp. I did the dual (35mm? 16mm? - whatever the commercial standard was at the time) projectors and yes, we put a coin in the reel to tell us when to chain the reel - how many times can you watch The Andromeda Strain (the original), the godfather, the last picture show or Cabaret?

cb1111

I always knew it as Ćevapčići - and no it isn't breakfast sausage

It is the single best food thing on the planet.

I've introduced plenty of my American friends to it. To this day not a single person who's tried cevapi hasn't instantly loved it.

I never knew the differences between them.
I don't think there is a difference. It is Ćevapčići in Austria - I had never heard it called cevapi - although I had it Sarajevo, Dubrovnik, Mostar and Sarajevo - yep, I liked it and that was basically all I ordered on our trip.

I never got into the sour milk, but there was a really good apricot juice that I really loved.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It is the single best food thing on the planet.

I've introduced plenty of my American friends to it. To this day not a single person who's tried cevapi hasn't instantly loved it.
They're good, but they're not the best. That goes to karadjordjeva snicla:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I don't think there is a difference. It is Ćevapčići in Austria - I had never heard it called cevapi - although I had it Sarajevo, Dubrovnik, Mostar and Sarajevo - yep, I liked it and that was basically all I ordered on our trip.

I never got into the sour milk, but there was a really good apricot juice that I really loved.
It was most likely slovenian, Fructal

Cevapcici is the foreign bastardized term for it. Cevapi is what they are called, with the banjalucki being the most famous.

Status
Not open for further replies.