GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
who am I to take that away from them?
1653588716219.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Dog tags always said “agnostic” despite my being born, baptized, raised, and confirmed Catholic. I believe there is god/gods and it/they reside in the hearts (metaphoric use of term, for literalists) of those who find solace in that belief structure.

Couple years ago I came upon, and saved the lives of, two accident victims. I stabilized them, then prepared and effected their medical extraction from the back country of the Colorado Rockies. When they reached out to me some months later, I was told that god had put me there to help them that day. Though I believe it was simply coincidence and I don’t believe/disbelieve in the god they referenced, I did not put my hand up and say “no,” I let it go. This feeling provided them with internal comfort in an inexplicable situation. That god is real to them, and who am I to take that away from them?
yeah, i hear ya there bud. It pains me to see people thanking god in the face of trained doctors, medicine, etc. but i lost interest in trying to 'sway people away' from their beliefs. i mean, after all the whole 'point' of atheism is to not be swayed by an ideology lol.

but, still plenty of fun to discuss and argue with willing participants :)

good on you for saving those lives dude! thank your mom for people like you!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Inshallah

What is: How to say you are never going to see Me or @NoGodGetOverIt is a foreign language?

Curious position, care to elaborate?

Yeah, but it's really more of a saying. I'm an atheist too, but like when I yell "God damnit!", I don't really expect god to damn anything, it's just a thing you say.

interesting take, seems to be an amalgamation of atheism and literalism. It’s a saying. 😉

Literal Mud?
of all days for us not to think of the Lloyd rule. You (and myself) are all on report.

;)
Dog tags always said “agnostic” despite my being born, baptized, raised, and confirmed Catholic. I believe there is god/gods and it/they reside in the hearts (metaphoric use of term, for literalists) of those who find solace in that belief structure.

Couple years ago I came upon, and saved the lives of, two accident victims. I stabilized them, then prepared and effected their medical extraction from the back country of the Colorado Rockies. When they reached out to me some months later, I was told that god had put me there to help them that day. Though I believe it was simply coincidence and I don’t believe/disbelieve in the god they referenced, I did not put my hand up and say “no,” I let it go. This feeling provided them with internal comfort in an inexplicable situation. That god is real to them, and who am I to take that away from them?
I left that part of the form blank. The Govt filled it in with "NO REL PREF" I was OK with that. +1 on letting it go..I like to think I would have just said thx. I don't get wigged out when wished Merry Christmas I believe in most religious ideas just not religion/god

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
do what now? lol

i dont use lloyd rule because i'm never sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.