GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Said it countless times. While he might not have been my favorite person on the forums, and we certainly didn't see eye to eye on everything, he definitely had my respect more than anyone else (no offence to all the other bros here).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sad to hear about Jim, he’s been a big part of all of our lives the last several years here and some of you outside of that.

With that said 74 is a great run, I hope I’m still modding & enjoying cars and the community around them at that age.

Cheers to Mr Llyod, aka literal Jim!

That's what I'm saying. I hope that in 2057 (if I'm not already dead or the world hasn't ended) I'm half as cool as Jim was at that age.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
When i do burgers its usually:

carmelized onions and jalepeno
bbq sauce
cheddar

done
Since we're trading recipes, I do hickory smoked burgers, boar's head cheese, saute mushrooms and bacon. Caramelized onion sounds good though.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
RIP @jimlloyd40 . You were a good friend and brought years of wisdom to the OT forum.

Edit- I am angry and sad about his death, just like all of you. I have edited my initial posts about his death. I will revisit this topic down the road in my thread.

1653508144398.png

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Last edited:

cb1111

I just received an email from his ex wife. He passed this morning. RIP 1948 to 2022. I've asked her permission to post his obituary on the forum and the pictures she sent. I'll post when I can.
I'll add some additional information once GTIfan posts the obit. His ex must actually be a pretty nice person.
Damn, very sad. @GTIfan99 pass along our condolences to his family if you talk to them.

Wow! RIP Jim. His Rule lives on.

Daaammmnnnn

Jim and I stayed in touch after I left this fucking shit hole. We’d talk all the time. About stupid shit, politics, food, everything

it was amazing how much he and I had in common. I got to see how his decline affected him. Especially when he had to stop working and driving. That did him in mentally for a while

but he snapped back to it. Started cutting down on cigarettes. Eating a little better. Etc

he’d always tell me “I didn’t expect to wake up today” and I’d always tell him to stfu

regardless of his disposition. He was thankful for folks like me cb and others who stayed in contact with him. He was always thankful for the folks here who kept him engaged and entertained.

jim was a great guy. I tried donating a particular part of my body that he needed. But he said no. And I cried. Out of anger. Because I didn’t understand why he would say no. It was for fucking free. Many months later he said something to me. Something that explained why he turned me down.

it’s enough. I have to go. If it’s my time it’s my time.

fuck u Jim. U stupid selfish asshole. I will always love u bro. U were a great person
Yeah, Jim and I talked about that too. Extremely sad and depressing.
I always thought Jim was one of the nicest guys on here. Give you the shirt off his back kind of guy.
Yes he was
Pretty depressing.

I didn't realize the gravity of the situation.
He did a great job of hiding it from the board.
Said it countless times. While he might not have been my favorite person on the forums, and we certainly didn't see eye to eye on everything, he definitely had my respect more than anyone else (no offence to all the other bros here).
I think everyone feels that way.
Sad to hear about Jim, he’s been a big part of all of our lives the last several years here and some of you outside of that.

With that said 74 is a great run, I hope I’m still modding & enjoying cars and the community around them at that age.

Cheers to Mr Llyod, aka literal Jim!
yep
That's what I'm saying. I hope that in 2057 (if I'm not already dead or the world hasn't ended) I'm half as cool as Jim was at that age.
yep
Dang - RIP Jim
Yeah, sad
RIP @jimlloyd40 . You were a good friend and brought years of wisdom to the OT forum.

I told him not to get that vaccine. SMH

View attachment 250298
You continue to prove that you are a fucking idiot.
Bro.

Don't start that bullshit today.

Oh sorry, it's officially 'coincidence.'
Jim approved my post in his will. He made that clear early on. One of the greats.
You've reached a new nadir.
I fight for victims like Jim while most of you guys stand on the sidelines.
And you keep proving it. Keep that crap in the cesspool thread where it (and you) belong
Yep, RIP

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
He had COPD right? I saw him mention it before, but I only ever saw 1 post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.