GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Doing some cleaning around the house and found the old knob and boot from my MK6.... I like the stock shifter in the mk7. It's a really nice piece... Should I sell it or put it in?

View attachment 245384
I stumbled across a billet BFI knob o ebay today when looking for something unrelated, almost got it for my tiguan

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Slammer knob!!

CC880708-211E-43B9-831E-E114D98F77F5.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
1649540922317.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
So had one of those "Well shit, that wasn't that smart moments" today. Had a friend over, and we ran out to pick up lunch for everyone. Wanted something quick, so ran to Wendy's for my wife and daughter, and Taco Bell for us. Was letting him drive my R, since he hadn't tried it yet.

Had a drink tray with 5 drinks on it on my passenger floor betwet my legs. On the way back, had him pull down one of the side streets so he could launch the car, without thinking about the tray of drinks on the floor.

Of course, they all fall over, top pops off one of the sodas, and dumps the entire thing on the carpet in underneath my passenger seat. Awesome.
Ouch.

If you don't already have one of these you should get one just based off having a kid and a dog in the house

https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Spot...45246&sprefix=portable+carpet,aps,140&sr=8-11

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Went to GF's Niece's 4th birthday. Her sister had made the cake at home in the shape of a dog bone because Paw Patrol is what the kids are into... this is how things ended up after first round of cake cutting. Her BIL had no idea what he had done until it was too late.

20220409_173955.jpg

There was never a way to cut this cake and not have it come out looking this was eventually.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Bilstein B4 or B6? I'm sure the stock suspension is giving up the ghost at 50K. Stock height and stock springs. I'll probably order the strut mounts at the same time as I'm sure mine are creaking more and more.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Or B8s, eibach lowering springs and bearded detailer lift kit to retain stockish height? I really should either use or flip that kit..🤔

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bilstein B4 or B6? I'm sure the stock suspension is giving up the ghost at 50K. Stock height and stock springs. I'll probably order the strut mounts at the same time as I'm sure mine are creaking more and more.

I was under the impression if you want to retain stock height and ride quality, you want the B4s.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I was under the impression if you want to retain stock height and ride quality, you want the B4s.
B6s are 25% stiffer but stock height I believe as well. B8s are for lowering springs.

Don't believe I've seen too many wagons with B6s though, most go coilovers/B14s

Status
Not open for further replies.