GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1111

Ended up with a used Sony A73 and used Tamron 28-75 f2.8. Still playing around and getting used to all the settings. Light years ahead of my older DSLR in every aspect.

View attachment 258463
tamron lenses are seriously underrated. I'll take a Tamron over Sony most of the time. For years they were the OEM for Zenza Bronica (a medium format camera) and collaborated with both Zeiss and Leica on lens design.

They were one of the first to create a viable adapter to let their lenses be used on multiple cameras (Adapt-A-Matic) in the 60's and the AdaptAll system that fully incorporated the functions of OE lenses by using a thin aluminum adapter ring. I still have an old 18mm 2.8 Tamron that fir on my Nikon F2, my Pentax Spotmatic and my Canon A1.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Ended up with a used Sony A73 and used Tamron 28-75 f2.8. Still playing around and getting used to all the settings. Light years ahead of my older DSLR in every aspect.

View attachment 258463
I had fun figuring out my Nikon on vacation. I got some decent shots.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the GolfMK forums. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of shitposting most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There’s also Jay's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Mein Kampf, for instance. The users understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny—they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike CSB2 truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in "Thank you for your help, that was exactly the reaponse I was looking for.” which itself is a cryptic reference to the DTR thread. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as uglybastard's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer monitor.
This is comedy on so many levels, thanks for the laugh.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Something something rent free

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
tamron lenses are seriously underrated. I'll take a Tamron over Sony most of the time. For years they were the OEM for Zenza Bronica (a medium format camera) and collaborated with both Zeiss and Leica on lens design.

They were one of the first to create a viable adapter to let their lenses be used on multiple cameras (Adapt-A-Matic) in the 60's and the AdaptAll system that fully incorporated the functions of OE lenses by using a thin aluminum adapter ring. I still have an old 18mm 2.8 Tamron that fir on my Nikon F2, my Pentax Spotmatic and my Canon A1.

I agree. Loved my Tamron 17-50 2.8 for my Pentax. I have a few more of their lenses on my list along with some Sony g-master lenses.

I took this in line waiting for food. Straight out of camera JPEG of my son. ISO 500, 28mm @ 2.8 1/30sec. Camera is set to not add sharpness or noise reduction. Colors are not as good as Fuji or Canon but I also shot RAW so I can tweak them if need be.

View attachment DSC00158.jpg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I had fun figuring out my Nikon on vacation. I got some decent shots.

Maybe we need to resurrect the photography thread?

I will play with it more tomorrow at the kids swim lessons.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
View attachment 1660790938782.jpeg
All of those are straight out of the camera. I was pretty impressed with what I got, especially considering I wasn’t using a tripod.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Status
Not open for further replies.