GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Not that I'm looking at buying a new car, but I think the Z is off the short list. The supra stands alone. I like the Z, but the supra get's me a lot more excited.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Ducking out of work an hour early. Need to do my spark plugs but also need a nap. Let's play a game...

I’d pick nap. I tried to take one earlier but got a phone call 30 min in.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Not that I'm looking at buying a new car, but I think the Z is off the short list. The supra stands alone. I like the Z, but the supra get's me a lot more excited.

Idk I like the Z looks better. I’m curious once tuned what they can do. The Supra is a monster when tuned.

Do you want a Japanese driving experience or German?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Idk I like the Z looks better. I’m curious once tuned what they can do. The Supra is a monster when tuned.

I like that the Z gives more than just a nod to the S30 (240z-280z generations).

The 400z

1652814174134.png

A picture of my actual Z with it's previous owner. He moved from FL to Chicago and I bought it off him.
1652814250397.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

No idea lol, I'm really just kinda going by appearances. I've never really ventured outside of VW. My entire car history is nothing but golfs. I'm kind of a hipster when it comes to cars too. I love having a car you don't see every day or something a lot of people don't know about. I feel like the Z is gonna be everywhere. It'll eventually become one of those cars I see every day. The supra on the other hand, it's something people will definitely know about, but that thing has been out for 2 years now and I still rarely see them.

I was walking around the grocery store last week and they had a bin of hot wheels. Sitting on the very top of them was a new supra. I grabbed it without even thinking. I've been in love with them since I saw my first one at Fixxfest.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Looks are subjective, but I also prefer the cleaner design of the Z. Add in the lower cost and AA capability (BMW is still Carplay only for some reason), and it would be an easy choice for me. Even if the Z is sightly slower, I don't think I'd care as long as it's fun to drive.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Looks are subjective, but I also prefer the cleaner design of the Z. Add in the lower cost and AA capability (BMW is still Carplay only for some reason), and it would be an easy choice for me. Even if the Z is sightly slower, I don't think I'd care as long as it's fun to drive.
Does the supra use the BMW infotainment system?

I'm not going to let a car company dictate what phone I use. As a matter of principle that would kill the supra as an option for me.

And I'm saying that as someone who carries two phones, one android (personal) and one iPhone (work).

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Does the supra use the BMW infotainment system?

I'm not going to let a car company dictate what phone I use. As a matter of principle that would kill the supra as an option for me.

And I'm saying that as someone who carries two phones, one android (personal) and one iPhone (work).
Yes, it uses the previous gen BMW infotainment. I think BMW may actually be adding AA to their new systems, but haven't heard the Supra is getting that.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh its definitely an ode to the s30 z. wish it was more like an updated 300zx

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
No idea lol, I'm really just kinda going by appearances. I've never really ventured outside of VW. My entire car history is nothing but golfs. I'm kind of a hipster when it comes to cars too. I love having a car you don't see every day or something a lot of people don't know about. I feel like the Z is gonna be everywhere. It'll eventually become one of those cars I see every day. The supra on the other hand, it's something people will definitely know about, but that thing has been out for 2 years now and I still rarely see them.

I was walking around the grocery store last week and they had a bin of hot wheels. Sitting on the very top of them was a new supra. I grabbed it without even thinking. I've been in love with them since I saw my first one at Fixxfest.

You should definitely try some different cars. I was a hardcore JDM guy (still am) but now that I have a German car totally get it and am a Euro guy too. They prioritize different things and have certain “feels” that make them special.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Speaking of Zs, I got this photo a few weeks ago while walking around with my lil film point & shoot. Just got the scans back from the lab today.

000065550033-01.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.