GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
anyone else have a workplace that uses MS Teams? it seems to be soaking up a ton of my RAM, i always need to reboot about 6 hours into my day.
1652728515073.png

Here's what I don't understand.

I have 5 total tabs open on firefox (one of them is streaming a podcast but still), it's saying there are 20 instances.
I've got 6 excel sheet open right now. It's saying I've got two.
I've got teams chat only up. It's saying 9 instances.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Novare Res patio is the jam.
Duck Fat is more than legit for some grub
Hot Suppa is absolute nails for brunch
We had duck fat the first night we were there. It's definitely a damn good place.

We stopped by holy donuts and swung by standard baking co before heading back.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've drank some Allagash this year. I had the white and I'm pretty sure I had the stout. Neither of them were bad, but neither of them were good enough to replace what I regularly get. I like the white just because you can get it in something bigger than a 6 pack.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I've worked at 2 different pizza places. One of them was called 'New England Pizza' and it was owned by a greek guy. He was real greek too, like his dad barely spoke english. Him and his wife both spoke greek. Dude was hairy AF too. He was a good boss though. He worked open to close almost every single day and worked hard for his business. His pizza was so fucking good too. I miss his BBQ chicken pizza, but I'd kill to have another meat lovers. I made really good money here too and liked working with everybody there.

The other place was 'Aurelios Pizza' and they were chicago style. They had thin crust pizzas cut into squares, deep dish pizzas, and stuffed pizzas. It was owned by a couple jewish guys that NEVER spent time at the restaurant. Pretty good pizza, but I couldn't stand working there. I delivered pizzas and the owners made their delivery range based on where their friends lived instead of a manageable delivery range that a single driver could keep up with. I'd have to go as far as 10-12 miles to the north and 8-10 miles to the south. A single delivery could take me 45 minutes.

Anyway...New england pizza > chicago pizza because of my work experience.

When I was in HS I delivered pizzas. This was before everyone had a GPS. You would read the address on the ticket and then look at this big map on the wall and try to find it. I delivered pizzas to mostly rural areas with poorly labeled houses and mailboxes. Sometimes in the notes it would say “look for the bass fish mailbox” or “when you passed the broken tractor you went to far”. Fun times.

The guy who owned my first pizza shop I worked at was Turkish. The second one was run by an Italian women that everyone called Mama. Her brother owns an Italian restaurant across the street.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
When I was in HS I delivered pizzas. This was before everyone had a GPS. You would read the address on the ticket and then look at this big map on the wall and try to find it. I delivered pizzas to mostly rural areas with poorly labeled houses and mailboxes. Sometimes in the notes it would say “look for the bass fish mailbox” or “when you passed the broken tractor you went to far”. Fun times.

The guy who owned my first pizza shop I worked at was Turkish. The second one was run by an Italian women that everyone called Mama. Her brother owns an Italian restaurant across the street.
lol, Yup I remember that. The pizza place I worked at at least had a system on the computer. People taking the orders would enter it into the order and then on the delivery screen I'd be able to see where it was on the map. I don't remember it giving me a route though. It was just a marker on the map. I'd take like 4-5 deliveries at a time and have to plan the route in my head. I used to know every street in the area. Once in a while I'd get lost on a delivery. This was when phones just started putting GPS's on them, so while you could try to use the gps to figure it out, it was going to take 5-10 minutes for it to load.

I had one delivery that almost sunk my tiburon. They gave the girl taking the order instructions on a route I should take to get there. She didn't put it in the computer though, so I tried to drive down this dirt road with a big puddle. There was a spot that sunk down a lot deeper than the rest and when I got to it the left front end sunk down far enough that my intake was completely submerged. I could see the house I was trying to get to, and the people waiting for their food eventually saw me sitting in the middle of this little lake. They came out to pull me out with their truck and I got their truck stuck too. My boss paid for the tow truck to pull both of us out and to get my car home. Then I had the car running that night after pulling the spark plugs. If this never happened it's possible I never would have gotten my first GTI. I was worried about water damage after that, so I got rid of it pretty quick. Water flooded into the interior and everything, it was bad.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

Even with GPS, there's no guarantee. I tell people with these poorly labeled houses and mailboxes, 'I had a hard time finding the place.'
Most of them laugh, they don't want to be found.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I just remembered I had to call a tow truck a 2nd time while working at that job too. There was some road construction on a road with no light. There was a big section of concrete missing, so my front end bounced down and then before it could return back up my oil pan slammed into the edge of the concrete where the concrete wasn't removed. I took it out of gear and just coasted for a few seconds. The oil light came on as expected and I shut it down right away. I called my boss to tell him my car was dead until I could fix this. He goes, "can't you just start the car and keep driving?" I'm so glad I wasn't dumb enough to do that lol. This was with the car in my avatar, 2001 12 valve VR6. I saw enough horror stories about it happening to other people on vortex. Everybody slammed their cars back then and the vr6 oil pan sat pretty low, so it was a pretty frequent thing to see on the forum. I got the dieselgeek skidplate after that and made scraping noises going over every speed bump.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I loved delivering to the boaters. There were a few marinas close. These dudes on their big yachts would be drunk AF and tip you like $20. Some were a pain to get to. You’d have to park up at the main part, walk down to the water, find the correct dock then find the slip. Usually it was the boat with all the people on it and you felt like man when you showed with the food. Made up for the hicks that gave you $3 after you drove 10 miles into the middle of nothing.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Status
Not open for further replies.