GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I’m off today. Waiting for lady phur to get out of bed. We’re planning on going to look at a new camera today, in Florence y’all. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Y'all_Water_Tower

I can’t stand y’all... not all of you, mind you… the word y’all. It just makes me cringe.
Ya'll, I say y'all all the time. I just think it's funny to say y'all. It's more of a joke than me being serious.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
y'all'm'n'sayin?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
The big thing with tomatoes is that they're thirsty as hell. Just give them a ton of water and you should be okay. My tomatoes (and other fruit-bearing plants as well) were shit until I installed a drip-irrigation system in the gardens...now they're all happy, even on the hottest of days.
Also, full sun. As much as possible. Be careful with the water, because too much at once and the skins will crack and split. Drip is perfect for them.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Bombed down to Portland OR on Sat with my fiancée and a friend for some vintage shop digging. Found a sick soft leather jacket and the liner is an old-timey world map print. Warm as hell, too.

Then went dancing when we got back. Coincidentally.... it was ABBA night. With other disco/pop mixed in.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
On the hot sauces.

Siracha - overrated, has some kind of spice in it that makes anything you eat with it taste like siracha. Good on eggs.
Habanero Tabasco - Less vinegar than regular Tabasco but I think they use smoked habs which dominate the flavor.
Samba Olek - two versions, with and without garlic. Great with vegetables, rice, or leftover Chinese. A staple.
Valentina/Cholula - Just meh. Acceptable when that's all they have at the airport.

I'd add any brand of asian chili oil, homemade or commercial.

I'm biased because I grow my own peppers and make my own stuff, but most of the hot sauces out there are not that great.

The one commercial hot sauce that I like best that is good and hot but won't dominate the flavor of your food is El Yucateco habanero, regular version, not black.

View attachment 253662

Hard agree on El Yucateco, I've always got a bottle in the fridge. The secret aardvark brand of habanero sauce is also great.

On the subject of oil, this is the real deal. Garlicky, slightly spicy, crazy delicious. (it's weirdly good on vanilla ice cream too)

https://www.eatkarikari.com/shop/p/garlic-chili-crisp

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I know your profile says NC, but I never assume. Are these Carolina Reapers?If so, those are tasty peppers.
Yes indeed! I've had limited success with them for a few years. This year I started with a mature plant, and it looks like it's already paying dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.