GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Create your own Blaupunkt PnP Harness...

plac

GTI Master
I was getting confused with all this plug and play stuff. What I wasn't understanding is that when you loop thru the amp, it is not adding the stock signal to the mix, it is converting the stock signal into an amp signal and then exiting? No wonder my shit sounds so clean then.

big_nebrowski

Ready to race!
I'll be making this harness to install a LOC to my stock headunit. This may be a stupid question, but when connecting the two harnesses together is it necessary to make a T-joint at the speaker wires?

For example, should the connector be wired like example 1 or 2 below?

Attachments

• harness example.jpg
    harness example.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,312

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nor sure what you mean. If all you want to do is use the harness to integrate with the factory wiring and run something like the LC6i then you don't need the extension - just make your own since you don't need the specific connector on the end that would plug into the Blau amp. This is mine...

I wanted to keep the rear speakers running off the stock source so I just looped the "out" and "in" sections but cut the outs and ins from the plug and ran my own speaker wire extensions. I also extended the power and ground to run my LC6i under the passenger seat. So the "outs" go the the LC6i, RCAs over to my amp, "ins" from the amp back into the factory wiring to feed the front doors (with upgraded speakers).

big_nebrowski

Ready to race!
Ok i think that makes sense. I think i am just confused because of the idea of T-taps which don't really cut the connection between the two ends of the harness.

Thanks for your help!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
No reson to use t-taps here. That's the point of the harness. It sits between the factory source unit and the rest of the factory wiring. It intercepts the speaker-level output of the HU and sends it out to the Blaupunkt amp (or whatever processor you want to feed). Then it returns the amplified signal from the amp back into the factory wiring. It also provides a +12v and ground line which are intended to run the Blua amp but work well for your processor. I wouldn't use it for an amp...not large enough. T-taps are a quick way to tap into a wire without actually cutting it. You can think of the harness as a sophisticated t-tap with connectors that match the factory wiring. I didn't cut, splice, or "tap" a single factory wire to install my LC6i and PDX and I retained the factory rear speakers running off the RNS-510.

big_nebrowski

Ready to race!
Yea, i don't plan on using T-taps, but was thinking that this connector was conceptually similar to T-taps. Are the +12V and ground just part of the harness (i haven't checked the wiring diagram yet, i assume they are the twisted pair in your picture)? I was planning on hardwiring the LC6i to the battery and to a dedicated ground but that may be a lot easier.

Also, what is the connector you have looped in the middle of your adapter (grayish with blue and gray wires i think)?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The harness is meant to provide complete wiring for the Blau THA amps so it also includes +12v and ground. Like I mentioned, I wouldn't use it to actually run an amp but it's perfect for a processor and that's less additional wires to run. +12v is the yellow wire and I just extended it and the ground (black). I twisted them together just to clean it up. The loop is where I feed the rear speaker-level output from the source right back into the factory wiring. If you unclipped those connectors that is where the extension harness would go. I cut the input/output wires for the front speakers and extended them with speaker wire. I left enough wire hanging out of the connectors (sealed off with heat-shrink) in case i wanted to splice everything back together at some point in the future but I can't imagine I'd have any reason to do that. The connectors happened to be mates so I could just plug them together to maintain the stock rears.

big_nebrowski

Ready to race!
So I purchased what I thought was the Metra equivalent of the American International harness mentioned in the first post. However, it appears to be missing most of the non-speaker wires (ie the CAN-Bus wires). Has anyone used this part and made it work:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/70_9003.html

Not sure how easy it would be to add the missing wires to this connector, but I'm thinking I'l just pickup the American International one now... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Technic

Ultimate Driver's Wanted
So I purchased what I thought was the Metra equivalent of the American International harness mentioned in the first post. However, it appears to be missing most of the non-speaker wires (ie the CAN-Bus wires). Has anyone used this part and made it work:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/70_9003.html

Not sure how easy it would be to add the missing wires to this connector, but I'm thinking I'l just pickup the American International one now... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That's the reason of the AI connector recommendation... that's the one with all the wires. Other than getting another Metra there's no cheaper way of adding the missing wires but to get the AI harness.

plac

GTI Master
I have my harness for sale now, I have over $120 in costs into it. Selling for $35 shipped, cont. USA only. This is discontinued from Blaupunkt.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Did you have it gold-plated?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ahhh...you got the extension harness too. That thing was pricey.