GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Create your own Blaupunkt PnP Harness...

Technic

Ultimate Driver's Wanted
After multiple reports of how the VW Blaupunkt PnP harness for the THA amps was suddenly discontinued, let's find out a direct alternative solution for this issue... create your own.

- Scosche VW03B / VW03 harness: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4442_Scosche-VW03B-VW03.html
- Metra 71-9003: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/71_9003.html
- Tyco terminal block 796634-4: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=Z19%2bKYFa7u%2bncXl%2bVUcKxA==

Using the pin assignment label on top of all the OEM HU/Nav (example only, your particular unit could have a different label)...

... wire the two harnesses above pin-to-pin (pin #1 to pin #1 and so on) and create a joint at the speaker wires inputs and outputs. That's where the THA amp PnP inputs and outputs will be connected.

This custom harness -without the Tyco blocks- also can be used to install LOCs, amps, processors, OEM Bluetooth and any device that requires cutting the OEM wires. Instead of cutting the OEM harness, just cut the wires required in this custom harness... when you are ready to sell your car just remove this custom harness and put everything back together like there was no aftermarket equipment ever installed in the back of the OEM HU... :w00t:

Last edited:

mkr002

Ready to race!
Car(s)
b8 s4
Bump for more detail. I just bought this amp and realized there is no harness for it anymore...

mkr002

Ready to race!
Car(s)
b8 s4
The actual PnP harnes is exactly made with the parts listed above... there is not that much to it. :thumbsup:

My Fiance and I are in the process of trying to do as you are saying but we are not sure where the inputs and outputs you are referring to are supposed to be located. My particular car has the OEM Nav which has a 12 pin block where the picture is referring to. However, the harness that connects to the back of the stereo doesnt have a 12 pin block. While i can move the block to the new harness, i would have to cut into those wires to use as a jumper for the tyco block. I just want to make sure we are on the same page, if not please elaborate so i can do this properly. Thank you.

Technic

Ultimate Driver's Wanted
My Fiance and I are in the process of trying to do as you are saying but we are not sure where the inputs and outputs you are referring to are supposed to be located. My particular car has the OEM Nav which has a 12 pin block where the picture is referring to. However, the harness that connects to the back of the stereo doesnt have a 12 pin block. While i can move the block to the new harness, i would have to cut into those wires to use as a jumper for the tyco block. I just want to make sure we are on the same page, if not please elaborate so i can do this properly. Thank you.

Your Nav -and all the OEM HU of the MKV- has the same Quadralock connector in the back. If you click the links above you will clearly see the connector that I'm talking about.

The 12-pin connectors -blue and green- need to be transplanted to this new custom harness. You do not cut/modify any of these two connectors, just move them from one Quadralok to the other.

This is an example of these two Quadralock connectors modified to add the OEM Bluetooth and the OEM MDI iPod adapter harnesses and even a passive 2-channel line ouput converter with signal sensing remote turn on for aftermarket amp, in a completely plug 'n play whole harness. And totally reversible, without cutting a single OEM wire from the original OEM audio harness:

Frank Rizzo

Trailingthrottleoversteer

plac

GTI Master

Technic

Ultimate Driver's Wanted
FYI: this Polish company http://www.carsystems.pl/index2.html sells the plug 'n play OEM Bluetooth harness (as well as the whole kit if you want it to) that can be modified by adding the Tyco plug to work with the Blaupunkt THA amps. The benefit of this harness in particular is that you will have the OEM Bluetooth harness ready in place if you eventually want to add the module.

Extremely quick shipping to the USA, too...

TDIESEL

Ready to race!
Is that wood under the dash to mount the amp?

Yeah. 6mm MDF. I just used the foam that is underneath the glovebox as a template and trimmed it a bit more to fit. You will need to add an extra hole where a bit of plastic trim stops it from sitting dead flush though (see pic).

There is actually a countersunk rubberised "valley" at the top edge of the front carpet which the mounting board sits in snuggly. Once you have that edge sitting in there the rest can be held up with a few screws or velcro along the front lower edge of the glovebox.

I was originally going to mount my amp in the cargo compartment but didn't see the sense in paying more for a longer cable and didn't want the hassle of running it all the way up the back. There was no way it would fit under the seat and I even contemplated the idea of screwing it to the passenger side of the centre console but wanted a stealth install. Turns out the THA-555 fits perfectly in spot under the glovebox and the way I fabricated the mounting board allows for it to be removed in less than 30 seconds so access to pollen filter is still easy.

I'm still a bit bemused that no-one on the forum has come up with the idea and shared it.

plac

GTI Master
you just need to paint the wood black and then its completely stealth.. i might consider this..

TDIESEL

Ready to race!
Yeah I know, I was in a rush to just get it in and see what it sounded like :biggrin:

I'm debating on painting it black or using carpet similar to the cabin or cargo area ones.