GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Contact VW.com to complain about Head unit

bamafanjtm

Battle Royale Champ
Everyone:
If you go to VW.com, click on "owners", then click on "cutomer care", then just complete the instructions and you can let them know that you are not happy about the so-called "soft clipping" of the head unit. You will need your VIN to start the process, so have it handy. DO THIS!!! The more complaints they get, the faster they will fix the problem!!:burnrubber:

plac

GTI Master
As I said in another post, they do this on a case by case basis. There will be no mass "recall" for this, as its not even a malfunction. If you don't like the feature, ask them to change this feature on your car, and if you're lucky, they will.

bamafanjtm

Battle Royale Champ
Wassup, Plac!
Yeah, I read your other posts. I took my GTI back to the dealer shortly after I bought it, and they didn't know about the problem, so I went the website route. I definately want my radio re-programmed, as I am not in a position to replace the stock head unit with after market stuff!

plac

GTI Master
It will take some time, so you have to be patient. It took me about 3 weeks to get my call from escalated support. You might get a call sooner from a lower end support person that really wont know a whole lot. Then they submit more detailed info to the top team.