GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consumer Reports Top Ten

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, but some of the others on that list I really don't agree with. Hyundai Elantra is the "Best Small Car" in America? Um, no...........

nukta90

Ready to race!
saw it this morning, but you beat me to the post.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Picked up the CR magazine this morning.

They still "recommend" the Camry....but on the news they said they couldn't recommend anything that had a "stop" "halt" order,the week Toyota couldn't sell any of their "recalled" cars.

Lucidity

Marx
That would make me not want to buy a GTI. Consumer Reports is a horrible source that is made for people too stupid and lazy to do their own research.

jmejiaa

Go Kart Champion
That would make me not want to buy a GTI. Consumer Reports is a horrible source that is made for people too stupid and lazy to do their own research.

that makes no sense, you can still do your own research and just not listen to them.

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
It's a huge step up for VW to make a CR "Best of" anything list. VW has usually been trashed by CR for reliability concerns. Props to the GTI for lifting the brand's reputation. How many other VW models are built in Germany for US sales?

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
Sadly not very. Jetta is built in Mexico. Not sure about the rest.

It's a huge step up for VW to make a CR "Best of" anything list. VW has usually been trashed by CR for reliability concerns. Props to the GTI for lifting the brand's reputation. How many other VW models are built in Germany for US sales?

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Oh...the days....remember back in the late 80's & early 90's..how the Jetta's bumpers were always detached from the car.Folks were using duck tape,electrical tape and rope to keep them in place.......:bellyroll:

VW has come along way...poor Chrysler...at the bottom once again.

Jeep needs to get away from them......

chunkisagoonie

VW Lifer
Car(s)
'97 Golf Jazz
How many other VW models are built in Germany for US sales?

Let's see....the Golf, Passat and CC are. I think the others (Tiguan, Touareg, Routan) are built elsewhere in Europe.

To my knowledge, only Jettas and Beetles are assembled in Mexico for the US market.

But then again, why should it matter? For VW-operated manufacturing facilities, the QC oughta be the same regardless of country of origin. My brother's "Mexican" Jetta is every bit as solidly built as my "German" GTI.

Aggressor

UGly
Let's see....the Golf, Passat and CC are. I think the others (Tiguan, Touareg, Routan) are built elsewhere in Europe.

To my knowledge, only Jettas and Beetles are assembled in Mexico for the US market.

But then again, why should it matter? For VW-operated manufacturing facilities, the QC oughta be the same regardless of country of origin. My brother's "Mexican" Jetta is every bit as solidly built as my "German" GTI.

QC quotas are worthless if the ppl at the factory are not checking the QC well enough to begin with. I'm not saying they are worse, I'm just pointing out that the QC work could still have disparities, even if on paper not so.