GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Yes I saw the link for the Power Stop pads.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
EBC DP42168R Yellow stuff. Confirmed fitment for Porsche Macan OEM calipers years 2017 and 2018. Would these not work ?

cagansevinc

Ready to race!

Attachments

• aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 157

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
He responded, and got them on the way. Anybody know a part # for pads from Hawk or EBC yellow or red? Google is failing me... I found the Macan pads, thats was easy.

thanks

Search for pads for 04 - 17 Subaru STI.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks.
Interestingly, the only reviews I can find are on VWROC where they seem have a terrible reputation. I'd never even heard of them until I read about them on here.
Just asked for some reviews on a Nurburgring group on FB where they are coming back as equally bad. Interesting that a German rotor gets poor reviews in Germany and the EU but good reviews in the US.

They seem on par with OEM. If you're tracking, any decent rotor will hold up fine if you are giving it enough cooling air.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Got the Mk3 golf and Q5 brake lines in. Q5 bottom, mk3 top. Both were cortico not OEM but should be representative.
IMG_20200607_014835.jpg

Both seem like they have proper fittings. Small difference on the body side. Don't think either will slot into the clip nicely without some sort of adapter.
IMG_20200607_014643.jpg

The killer here for both might be length. Q5 is 21" tip to tip, mk3 golf is 19.25".

If the length required is 24" as per the first post, then yeah, not going to work.

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if 18x8 Neuspeed Rse-12 wheels clear? How about the 18x8 Audi A4 wheels? I run them in the winter
065D7981-C743-4FBA-A322-5BA8AE2A2320.jpeg

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
They are significantly wider than PP calipers. You're looking at 10mm spacers minimum likely to get them to fit. I have 17 x 7.5 +45 Konig Runlites that fit with a 10mm spacer.
My 18x8.5 +43 Hypergrams look like they need a 8mm spacer to work.

Motegi MR145 18x8.5 +42 fit perfect without any spacers

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Just got back from a track day and thought I’d offer some feedback on this setup. I ran Thunderhill 5 mile configuration today, which is not particularly taxing on the brakes, nor am I a particularly fast driver, but nonetheless I felt it was a good test of them. With RS3 ducts, Ferodo DS2500s, and Motul RB660, everything functioned flawlessly. Didn’t have any fade, pedal travel was solid and linear all day, it was easy to modulate pressure/weight shift, all in all went very smoothly. I am sure a faster driver could probably push them over the limit, but if you’re lazy like me and don’t want to be swapping pads at the track, this a great one and done package.

I am hopefully running Laguna Seca in a few weeks, which should be a tougher test, so I’ll try to provide an update after that as well.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Goodridge Macan Front Lines, Golf R Rear Lines. I had asked for 24" lines, I should have measured, but I did not see a need for tie wraps when installing. The clip attached to the body of the car will not work, but otherwise good to go.

Used Motul RBF600 and Stoptech Sport Pads

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Is everyone getting just the black version (base Macan) calipers? Part number 95b-615-123-c and (124c) look to bolt up the same but are from the Turbo and GTS Macan with Ceramic brakes. I am looking at them because they already come in the yellow color I want. This would save me from having brand new calipers broken down and powder coated.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is everyone getting just the black version (base Macan) calipers? Part number 95b-615-123-c and (124c) look to bolt up the same but are from the Turbo and GTS Macan with Ceramic brakes. I am looking at them because they already come in the yellow color I want. This would save me from having brand new calipers broken down and powder coated.

What size are the stock rotors for the ceramic brakes?

And what do those calipers cost?