GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Confused by this "dealership" in my area...

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Seems legit . . . In4Golfmk6Meat

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Car(s)
'12 4 door GTI
Almost EVERY review says this guys Zia's name....looks like the good reviews are staged

http://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-motors-hayward

I bet Zia is really Zorak...

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
We had our own version of a car candy shop, but it was legit. Acura dealership near by. They would get the coolest used cars all the time for sale. Sports cars galore, good amount of inventory. I remember when I walked in there to check out an SRT4 (this was about 5 years ago), they had 4 used to choose from. I was like, WOA! Talk about decisions! lol. On top of that, plenty of STIs, WRX, S2000s, RSX(of course cause Acura), and 350z's. Good times.

bdegen94

Ready to race!
We had our own version of a car candy shop, but it was legit. Acura dealership near by. They would get the coolest used cars all the time for sale. Sports cars galore, good amount of inventory. I remember when I walked in there to check out an SRT4 (this was about 5 years ago), they had 4 used to choose from. I was like, WOA! Talk about decisions! lol. On top of that, plenty of STIs, WRX, S2000s, RSX(of course cause Acura), and 350z's. Good times.
Sorry for OT but that didn't happen to be Bridgewater did it?

bdegen94

Ready to race!

razr390

Go Kart Champion
From their FAQs page:

"Can I have the car mechanically inspected?
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Premier Motors welcomes inspections of all of the vehicles we sell from any inspection service you desire. We also recommend and do offer extended warranties."

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
No Markup? :)

They have a base suspension 2014 1LT C7 for $67,000. If that's the case they should pay me $84K for my Z51 2LT that is loaded with carbon fiber and everything else. It is odd that the car has only 30 miles on it, but getting no warranty and paying a $15k premium doesn't seem like a deal when they are easy to get new from a Chevy dealer for less.

Might just sell mine to them and get that Z06. :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why would there be no warranty? That said their C7 and grand sport prices are kind of blah...

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Why would there be no warranty? That said their C7 and grand sport prices are kind of blah...

Chevy is trying to kill this side market. There were even a few guys that bought C7's last year from dealerships like this that were "new" and never titled, but because this is considered gray market and often a way to get around export rules they will not honor that warranty anymore.

Couple guys on corvette forum got burned paying $20k over to get a car early and got a warranty that will not be honored since it was not sold retail via a Chevy dealer. If it was a private party sale on a car that originally was delivered by a in-network dealer the warranty will transfer. But I'm 99% sure that these resellers lose the warranty in the transactions.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
wow wtf I thought a warranty came with the car and not the Original owner... the only other case of this is the hyundai 100k warranty. But that somewhat makes sense...

Is chevy voiding even the 3/36?

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
wow wtf I thought a warranty came with the car and not the Original owner... the only other case of this is the hyundai 100k warranty. But that somewhat makes sense...

Is chevy voiding even the 3/36?

They did on the cars that were sold out of network.

If I remember the story correctly, what happened was some sleezeball in Florida had one of these shops and a family member in another state that owned a Chevy dealer. They had the family member order the C7 and when it came in they sold it to the independent dealership and it was never titled. But, since it wasn't delivered retail by an authorized dealership it had no warranty. None.

There were more posts about this type of stuff and even the Chevy Customer Service agents commented and said they were cutting off people that were "illegally" (their term) exporting US cars to other parts of the world.

They seem to take this shit seriously. There was another thread with a guy that was a US military serviceman and later a Military Contractor that was refused an order of a new C7 because he was on the "Do Not Sell" list. Seems him exporting his Hummer to himself in Kuwait while he was living there tagged him as a possible exporter. Then they said he was on some list with homeland security. Took him a couple months of identity verification to get off the list. Insane crap just to buy a car.