GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Confused by this "dealership" in my area...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So I dick around craigslist a fair amount...
This one dealership which deals pretty much in nothing but "cool" cars keeps popping up in my searches... All seem to be carfax one owner cars..

Currently they are pretty much the only place with a 335is BMW and a Grand sport corvette.

When I was there they had 4 Porsche Boxter S models. And 3 Carrera S models.

At least 5 different E9X M3s in various trims...
They have 8 S4s 5s.
WTF where do they get the cars? I used to have access to mannheim auctions and their list prices are suggesting pretty much 0 mark up...

WTF?!

Curious if anyone knows.

Dealership in question
http://www.Premiermotors.net/

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You don't normally have specialized "sportscar" dealers in your area? I also think I heard the name of this place on either Car Cast or The Smoking Tire recently, tbh.

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
So I dick around craigslist a fair amount...
This one dealership which deals pretty much in nothing but "cool" cars keeps popping up in my searches... All seem to be carfax one owner cars..

Currently they are pretty much the only place with a 335is BMW and a Grand sport corvette.

When I was there they had 4 Porsche Boxter S models. And 3 Carrera S models.

At least 5 different E9X M3s in various trims...
They have 8 S4s 5s.
WTF where do they get the cars? I used to have access to mannheim auctions and their list prices are suggesting pretty much 0 mark up...

WTF?!

Curious if anyone knows.

Dealership in question
http://www.Premiermotors.net/

Pull a Carfax on a few of their cars and you'll see why.

From someone I know (who isn't me):
They pick up repossessions, defaults, accident restores from auctions and the like. I mean, if you have an Audi S4/S5 that's in any good condition, you would just trade it in to Audi. They'd give you the most for it since they can certify it and sell it for close to MSRP. But when legit dealerships won't buy your car, you take it to someone who will.

I know of a few people who picked up a car there that had strange things like missing body bolts and strange alignment issues.

Check out Los Gatos Luxury Cars if you want a deal on a sports car in the $25,000-$30,000 range. It's a dealership that's known for being a step-up spot for "new money" graduates that pick up cars like STi's and EVO's and don't realize that with their income, they could afford something much better. So they go to Los Gatos Luxury and pick up shit like Maserati or Lamborghini cars.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

They pick up repossessions, defaults, accident restores from auctions and the like. I mean, if you have an Audi S4/S5 that's in any good condition, you would just trade it in to Audi. They'd give you the most for it since they can certify it and sell it for close to MSRP. But when legit dealerships won't buy your car, you take it to someone who will.

I know of a few people who picked up a car there that had strange things like missing body bolts and strange alignment issues.

Check out Los Gatos Luxury Cars if you want a deal on a sports car in the $25,000-$30,000 range. It's a dealership that's known for being a step-up spot for "new money" graduates that pick up cars like STi's and EVO's and don't realize that with their income, they could afford something much better. So they go to Los Gatos Luxury and pick up shit like Maserati or Lamborghini cars.

I looked em up on yelp and didn't get anything too constructive but the Zia name does keep popping up...

When I went there everyone that worked there was a bro...

The car I drove wasn't bad but something was up... it had some weird feedback coming through the speakers... they just threw me the keys and let me drive it...

I dunno just a strange place... they are like one of those "if the deal is too good to be true" type places.

What fascinates me is the fact that they have nearly every "cool" car in stock... so strange.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
I looked em up on yelp and didn't get anything too constructive but the Zia name does keep popping up...

When I went there everyone that worked there was a bro...

The car I drove wasn't bad but something was up... it had some weird feedback coming through the speakers... they just threw me the keys and let me drive it...

I dunno just a strange place... they are like one of those "if the deal is too good to be true" type places.

What fascinates me is the fact that they have nearly every "cool" car in stock... so strange.

Pick a car, test it and then ask if you can take it to the local dealer for that make and have it thoroughly inspected and see what comes out. See if they will even let you do that. Sounds like there is a very easy explanation for their business given above.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Everyones dream car from this forum is there ....

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Everyones dream car from this forum is there ....

Indeed'th. It is bizarre they have them all.

We should get everyone together and rob them of it all. I bet our bro's can take their brah's. :D

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!

Careful, there was/is another similar type dealer in San Jose. They tend to have cars on the lots which have had mechanical probs. full inspections are necessary!

Good luck :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Almost EVERY review says this guys Zia's name....looks like the good reviews are staged

http://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-motors-hayward

this^

some weird stuff there. We have a dealer near me that is very similar.. all their cars look somewhat questionable.. accident damage, from other states, bad mods, bad condition, etc.. and the cars will range from normal pick up trucks, to STI/Evo's, to R8's and GT-Rs, etc.. I think these kind of "sporty " places become a dumping ground for shit cars.

Pick a car, test it and then ask if you can take it to the local dealer for that make and have it thoroughly inspected and see what comes out. See if they will even let you do that. Sounds like there is a very easy explanation for their business given above.

this^

I recommend this on all used cars anyway, honestly.