GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Compiled list of DIYs so far.....

DirtyJerzGTI

Dirty Dubbin'
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI

bump. anyone know how to get the plastic piece off that actually holds the mirror... thats all i need to figure out. (that matte looking piece in the pic) thanks!!

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Since nobody else is helping, I'll chime in with an educated guess (based on how it's done on other vehicles): You probably remove the triangular trim piece on the inside to reveal mirror bolts. It may be necessary to remove the door panel before it's possible to remove the triangle thingy.

If you can find a site selling mirrors with features that weren't available (like an in-glass turn signal arrow), they're likely to have instructions available.

DirtyJerzGTI

Dirty Dubbin'
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Since nobody else is helping, I'll chime in with an educated guess (based on how it's done on other vehicles): You probably remove the triangular trim piece on the inside to reveal mirror bolts. It may be necessary to remove the door panel before it's possible to remove the triangle thingy.

If you can find a site selling mirrors with features that weren't available (like an in-glass turn signal arrow), they're likely to have instructions available.

thanks. the triangular piece on the inside is like where the tweeter is? because if so pretty sure gonna have to take off the door on the interior to be able to get to that, right?

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Sounds about right. I wish somebody who actually knows about it would post.

iRabbit

Anyone know where I could find the DIY with PHOTOS of the 42DD Shifter Bushings install? I have a '08 Rabbit which requires the drilling for the side to side.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07