Compiled list of DIYs so far.....

jmang120

Bunny On STEROIDS!!!!
Nice

stg3gti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti
any one have a diy for installed a eurojet cbe.... i know its a simple job but i would like to have something to look at for reference

DSG "R" 4 me

Car(s)
'98 jetta, '08 DBP R
HOW ABOUT A DIY FOR THE FLAPPER MOD ON A .:R?? IVE HEARD OF EVERYONE DOING IT BUT NOT SURE THE PROCESS ?? THANKS :biggrin:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Is there a faq for removing the front grill badge?
PM me, Ive taken it off like 10 times, you just take the grill off push in three tabs on the back of the logo and turn it. As for the "GTI" badge, it also requires the grill to be taken off, then theres three tabs on it as well, bend and push outward.

dakk77

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKv Golf GTI
Front grille badge

Actually you don't need to remove the grille at all to remove the VW badge.

Just simply turn the badge from the outside counter clockwise to about a 10pm position and it removes this is how it was designed.

Obviously refit is the reverse

GTIzzle07

NY Dubz
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Rear wiper delete removal plug cap GTI RABBIT DIY is gone

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
^ Sand, Paint, Clearcoat? Not much to it. There are LOTS of threads here about it. Look. As every forum says - Search. Over 1000 topics in this section alone, someone has made a guide or had a thread with the info.

Not trying to be a dick but for your first post, you aren't exactly opening yourself up to welcoming arms.

CrazyUncleDave

Ready to race!
If there's a DIY for removing/replacing the whole GTI front grille, that would be sweet. Otherwise I'll take a stab at it and take some pix myself.

It'll probably be mostly pictures of me cursing though. :mad:

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
It's incredibly easy to remove the grilles. I just did it this weekend.

Upper grille: Remove two torx screws at top corners. Near top center there are two clips, push them and it lifts right out.

Fog grilles: Pull. They just snap out.

On my Rabbit with no fog lights, the passenger side fog grille has a screw in it, right in the center, directly visible. Why would they stick a screw dead center right in the face of it?

Lower main grille: According to my searches here, it just snaps out like the fog grille.