GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common issues and remedies for the 2.0T

Loco38SUP

My son rescued his "dream car" Fahrenheit #1132 from some kid who used the car to learn how to mod cars in all the wrong ways. Example: he covered large sections of the exterior in plasti-dip, and decided to cover the fog lights with cardboard and dry wall screws. About 6 months ago we noticed that the passenger door window was taking longer and longer to to go up and down. He stopped using it while it was up, and saved up to buy a replacement motor. We replaced the motor, and it made no difference. I had my husband try to adjust the side view mirror and we turned on the stereo... nothing happened. There's no power going to the passenger door, and the display is showing the passenger door is open all the time. I'm female, but I've always had the ability to look at electrical components and they just make sense to me. However, there's too many possibilities with what the previous owner may have done. I removed a big section of the dashboard, saw where the bundle from the components in the door get combined with another bundle of wires that go down under the car seat, and up further into the dash board. Are there any tips or tricks anyone can tell me that "Should be checked first ?" It looks to me like everyone here knows there stuff, and the Fahrenheit is a unique model, I'll take any advice and be extremely grateful for it!!

Its crazy what some people consider as tasteful mods. Ive never heard or seen of that foglight mod. lol.

-RJM

Fahrenheit1132

Car(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
So, the night before I had to take the car to our favorite electrician, I saw a buried article about the MKV wiring harness having a tendency to get damaged inside that rubber housing (allowing the wires to run into the frame and connect under the dash), and he found the damaged wires in their. However, the door is still experiencing some interesting quirks that lead me to believe the module either needs to be cleaned or replaced. However, when we went to go pick up the car, the ignition is now refusing to turn. It moves only the tiniest bit, but not even far enough to reach 2nd position (Accessories), and it was being a problem for the last month or so. It won't even turn on to run diagnostics. Anyone else have this problem?:iono:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
So, the night before I had to take the car to our favorite electrician, I saw a buried article about the MKV wiring harness having a tendency to get damaged inside that rubber housing (allowing the wires to run into the frame and connect under the dash), and he found the damaged wires in their. However, the door is still experiencing some interesting quirks that lead me to believe the module either needs to be cleaned or replaced. However, when we went to go pick up the car, the ignition is now refusing to turn. It moves only the tiniest bit, but not even far enough to reach 2nd position (Accessories), and it was being a problem for the last month or so. It won't even turn on to run diagnostics. Anyone else have this problem?:iono:

Yes, ignition switch probably needs replaced. Semi-common, not fun to do

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion

Happens more in the Jetta, the parts alone are going to be about $300. You can get them online a little cheaper. Get the keyed lock cylinder base on your VIN so you will have one cut key for all locks, then you want a lock housing and the shear bolts that go with it.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I guess it's not your problem but sometimes with the steering lock you have to wiggle the steering wheel to get the lock to unlock

AWZ786

Hi I got a misfire problem with my golf gti mk5 I replaced the thrust sensor it became a lot more better but I still have misfires and I was told by the previous owner he put in a used high pressure fuel pump could that be the cause of it as I have already replace injectors coil packs and spark plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk