GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common issues and remedies for the 2.0T

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
what about the pcv issue? it causes a bit of oil around the filler cap? will it trigger it? cause I see a bit of oil by my cap...

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
how critical is this issue? is getting it into the deal within a couple days ok? or should I pretty much stop driving it?

CoolBreeze

Passed Driver's Ed
the oil isn't "blowing out" but it is definately seeping...
and now that I really think about it, I do seem to have lost some boost.

erictwinge

Ready to race!
I 'think' I have the PCV problem, oil around the filler cap and the occasional exhaust blow when WOT - I have ordered a Eurojet PCV for the time being as VW have the new G valve on back order.

D

Deleted member 10673

6. Air conditioning does not work

Background:
The air conditioners manuf. By Zelex and Valeo tend to fail. They can be identified by the pulley:

Symptom:
- Air conditioning does not cool, air conditioning compressor may seize.

Solution:
- On the 2.0T engine a new Sanden compressor Part No: 1K0820803 index S must be installed. Refer to ETKA for the latest part # for the other engines. This should be covered under warranty.

Happened to me about 4 weeks of having car. Dealer replaced no questions asked. Since this is a known defect... why hasnt there been a recall on it. BTW. It DID seize causing the shaft inside the compressor to SNIZZAP!!

erictwinge

Ready to race!
My car had the air con unit replaced before I had it and also since I have had it ... 2 in under 2 years! Not a good sign.

zooplancton

perma-grinnin'
infuggincredible post.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Nice post.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
What is this piece called?

The part number on mine is 06F 103 221 F

Should I be concerned with replacing it?

I'm going to check which PCV I have right now.

Alright, maybe I read this wrong since it was mirrored, but I believe my PCV part number is

101 821 F60

but that doesn't match the

06F 129 101 G layout.

So maybe it's 06F 128 101 blank? I have no idea.

Last edited:

BillTheCat

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2005 MINI Cooper S
Fantastic post! I'm new to the GTI, and just beginning my research to see if I want to buy one. It's good to see common issues like this gathered in one place so I might know what to watch for if I pull the trigger.

Thanks VERY much!