GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Common issues and remedies for the 2.0T

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
Dan you should add the fuel pressure sensor going out. I have talked to a few people who had this same exact problem.
Symptoms: CEL: High/Low fuel pressure, Sensor Intermittent/no response.
Driving impression: Fuel cutouts at almost any rpm, car stalling/running lean/rich
could also be associated with a bad fuel pump, when i had my sensor replaced the went ahead and replaced the fuel pump as well.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
"I will wave my magic wand and all will be better now."

We at VWOA are busy right now, please call us back later.

BTW, nice post. And I see you and another mod have the same Avatar now. I sense a trend developing here.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Dan you should add the fuel pressure sensor going out. I have talked to a few people who had this same exact problem.
Symptoms: CEL: High/Low fuel pressure, Sensor Intermittent/no response.
Driving impression: Fuel cutouts at almost any rpm, car stalling/running lean/rich
could also be associated with a bad fuel pump, when i had my sensor replaced the went ahead and replaced the fuel pump as well.

^thanks, added the info to the OP.

doltrev

Ready to race!
For some time now my car will have trouble starting after I fill up at the pumps. doesnt matter what stations/brands/how much they fill it. I brought it in to the dealership and they replaced my fuel pressure sensor and gas cap. Now i'm only having that issue about half the time? Does that sound like a normal symptom of fuel pressure sensor going, or fuel pump? Thank you if anybody has experienced this and found a solution

Midwest Hick

verrUcktVW
Car(s)
Candy White GTI
wow great stuff, cant wait for some of this to happen to me :)

mkvtg37

women = cunts
Car(s)
ferrari
thats awesome help. im new to volkswagen and turbos and especially the GTI. coming from mustangs, this really helps, thanks!

NatchoTequila

Expert Tequila Drinker
It has been said that these problems are mostly in the 06, 07 engines. With the 09's rolling out having the new TSI engine, what problems have been taken care of or at least improved? ... or do we even know yet?

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
It has been said that these problems are mostly in the 06, 07 engines. With the 09's rolling out having the new TSI engine, what problems have been taken care of or at least improved? ... or do we even know yet?

-IIRC the TSI/CCTA has a revised PCV (item 2), however only time will tell how resilient it is.
-It also has a revised intake so I would expect that to care of item 3.
-Items 4 and 5 should also be improved if not resolved thanks to the new 4 lobe HPFP.
-Finally, VW has come out with a redesigned A/C compressor (item 6) which many have been getting as a replacement part. Unsure if all TSI's get them though.

FYI, the TSI/CCTA is not only in MY09 GTI's but also some MY08's starting with build dates of 3/08.
Also many of these issues have been improved/resolved with later revision parts - the DV (item 1) for example.

NatchoTequila

Expert Tequila Drinker
haha if i saw this thread and was considering a gti, i'd probably go civic si

No kidding. I will be getting my '09 GTI within the next three months and I am like "wow does every car have have problems like this but just no forum post's to point them out or is this unique to VW GTI's".

I am pretty confident and stoked on getting my GTI though!:thumbup: