GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold air intake

ewellens

Evan
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
Was thinking of adding a cold air intake to my 06 ... Seems like an easy mod and might be good for the car. Prices are all over the place. 2 part question. Is it a bad idea to do this mod on an 06 ? 2nd is there are reason some run upwards to 400+ and some are ~150 ? Could you guys make an a recommendation ? Thx !!

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there

since no one has chimed in on this yet, the most popular ones I know of are the forge twintake, neuspeed p flo and bsh tru seal , depends on your budget. I myself have the revo intake , they are popular here in Europe , I am tuned stage 1 with a scorpion catback 29E80B2E-BEE9-4462-B4B1-EB9DE2FAE602.jpeg

ewellens

Evan
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
How many miles did you have when you made the mod ? Did it cause any issues by making other part fail ?

Hi there

since no one has chimed in on this yet, the most popular ones I know of are the forge twintake, neuspeed p flo and bsh tru seal , depends on your budget. I myself have the revo intake , they are popular here in Europe , I am tuned stage 1 with a scorpion catback View attachment 169325

Nd272

Passed Driver's Ed
How many miles did you have when you made the mod ? Did it cause any issues by making other part fail ?
I made this mod at 136,000 miles, I have put 10k on it with no issues. The revo brand I bought I very well engineered and doesn’t throw CEL or other lights , have had zero issues with it. I also installed a gfb dv+ at the time as well. Gives a nice turbo sound when you put the power down