GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold air blowing from glove box

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Trying to figure out why my 2006 MKV GTI package 1 is blowing cold air in my glove box. The car is having a hard time getting warm. The rate changes with the fan motor level. Nothing changes when you select floor/defrost/face...still blows cold. It is blowing out of the manual cubby area. Any ideas?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So figured out this is doing it only when the recirc is on.

LPhiE

Go Kart Champion
I think it's cus your glovebox has a "fridge" option to cool down drinks and what not. There should be a little dial on the side that you can turn and close the "vent".

At least that's what it sounds like...

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
Trying to figure out why my 2006 MKV GTI package 1 is blowing cold air in my glove box. The car is having a hard time getting warm. The rate changes with the fan motor level. Nothing changes when you select floor/defrost/face...still blows cold. It is blowing out of the manual cubby area. Any ideas?

Because, my kind sir, you have the climate controlled glove box, you bastard!

You should see a temp knob in there somewhere if that's the case.

if not.... you got some sort of hole or fan issue?

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
I think it's cus your glovebox has a "fridge" option to cool down drinks and what not. There should be a little dial on the side that you can turn and close the "vent".

At least that's what it sounds like...

this!

and if you want to trade for a regular glove box, I'd be more than happy to do so. :p

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I do have the "dial" to be able to close the hole in the glove box. I always assumed that if you had the heat on though that heat is what would come out of there.

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
I do have the "dial" to be able to close the hole in the glove box. I always assumed that if you had the heat on though that heat is what would come out of there.

nope... it's a cooler only not a heater and you can't stop it from doing so, iirc. You can only control how cold it is.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
I think i have that too.

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti

HOP929

VEE DUBSTEP'N
Car(s)
07 GTI FSI
i have it and all it is is a little port that you can either shut or open with that dial... just shut it and wha-la. done

LPhiE

Go Kart Champion
It's a great feature. I love keeping my Capri Suns in the glove box on a drive, get thirsty, grab one from the glove box and BAM, nice and cold!!!