GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coilover Question

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
I hear Ksports ride like shit, but no one says "compared to"

So compared to what? I have stock shocks and Eibach sportlines and the stock shocks are blown. They ride like shit IMO. So are they crazy stiff, i.e you feel every single pebble in the road, or not?

I am in the market for these, B&G's or the JIC's because of the ability to keep the shock travel the same based on lowering. If there are any others that have this ability, I would be open to suggestions...

Thanks in advance!

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Nothing? Hmm, thought there were a few people out there with this setup. I know BSH has them on their shop car...

utekineir

Banned
I have ksports.

When I went on vacation to florida this spring where the roads were smooth, the ksports were great.

Going around new england where most road surfaces can either be described as shitty or shittier they ride pretty rough. If i was younger, or I never had people (especially 50+ year old people) in my car I wouldn't care about the ride so much, because they do handle pretty decent. But the way it is it gets a bit embarrassing when your passengers are getting tossed over bumps, like yesterday when I drove into boston with gf and her mother in the car. Having someone in their mid 50s bracing themselves when they see surface changes on the highway approaching says something about the way your car rides.

Really the best way to describe them is they are embarrassing if you drive on rough roads with passengers that don't need a fake id to buy booze. Not that they are bad, they just aren't for everyone.

What I've learned from them is when you see anyone give their opinion on suspension, or read any review about suspension make sure you find out what kind of roads they drive on.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
So its basically like any other aftermarket suspension. If you drive on shitty roads, it rides shitty. If you go down a smooth road, then you are good to go.

Thanks man! I have old people ride with me on occasion, but typically they know I have my car setup for autocross or something. They want to ride in a car that goes around a corner fast and has some get up and go.

utekineir

Banned
So its basically like any other aftermarket suspension. If you drive on shitty roads, it rides shitty. If you go down a smooth road, then you are good to go.

Thanks man! I have old people ride with me on occasion, but typically they know I have my car setup for autocross or something. They want to ride in a car that goes around a corner fast and has some get up and go.

I'm replacing mine with the neuspeed kit (neuspeed springs, fsd struts). Struts and springs should be here by the end of the week, but the strut bit and bolts from ecs with my luck will take much longer. If I had another car for driving around passengers I'd keep the ksports, they are fun.

One thing I've noticed, the ride difference between 17in and 18in wheels is very evident. The extra rubber on the 17s really helps dull the edge of bumps. I really doubt the difference is as evident on stockish suspension.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Darn, I have 19's...and I feel everything...lol

Im just going to get them because the price is right and I have to get new shocks/struts anyways.

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
either way youll feel the bumps on the road... even if you had 17s with a low profile tire you would feel alot... Its not so much the coil but the tire as well. The Ksports are a good coilover for a good price. They are two way adjustable like B&Gs. They can go very low if thats what you want. I think charliehayes on vortex had them dumped all the way and it was ridiculous.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
I am not looking to go ridiculously low, I just figured that I want camber adjustment and new shocks/struts, which would cost somewhat the same as a set of coilovers in the end, so why not just get a set of coils that had everything I wanted?

I would go with the JIC Cross Competitions, but I dont know if I can swing the price...

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
The Ksports will do you great, the camber on them works well. I would really consider this if you are...

DivineStrike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Black Magic GTI
Good luck with them, i'm switching away from these, the ride is really rough. the front spring rates are a little over 400lbs/in (so i am guessing about 2.5ish times the stiffness of stock) and the rears are like 250 or something. The rear I can deal with but the front springs are just too much for DD'ing 1500-2000 miles a month. I'm sure I'll miss the camber but I'll still have my rsb to compensate ^_^

and its not just "rough" roads either, concrete roads are usually uneven so expect yourself, gf and her two friends to be launched around a little over those. You will find that female passengers will have to hold their chest down.

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
i dont really have this problem, either way coils will be different from stock.