GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cocaine Tea and Military

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I read this article in the navy times, as a former sailor 1993-98 GMG3 (SW) I can tell you the navy is hard-core with the testing, anything+ is grounds for immeadiate dismissal. I was glad to see the one sailor get off, but IMO your playing with fire for drinking cocoa tea, jeez I was scared to eat a poppy seed bagel :wink:

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
thats strange though. my buddy was in iraq for 2 years and was taking steroids and occasionally using cocaine while over there. i do not approve at all but i guess they dont test that often.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
my experiance in the Marine Corps. (Cpl/2651) was I saw a lot of people booted for smoking pot, but a the few people that were caught using harder drugs typically had a better chance of staying in for at least the rest of that contract.

on one hand, I understand why this is. Pot is more of a social drug and those that use it in the military, are likely to continue using. Those that use other drugs like meth or cocaine... are typically (from my experiance) one time offenders. In the two commands I was a part of post-training, we had weekley random testing. So, if you smoked, you were prbly ok. anything else would stay in your system far too long to risk. Most Marines understood this and didn't chance it.

argue53

Go Kart Champion
damn thats rough.... i guess they have to be strict, but give him a break its only tea

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
damn thats rough.... i guess they have to be strict, but give him a break its only tea

i believe the ruling was made because they dont believe that tea caused the positive drug test. This is why a base test should have been done on a clean volunteer to see what levels the tea consumption would produce.

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
That is really terrible if he is telling the truth, I mean I know they are strict and have reason to be, but they need to run some more tests. You could probably test his kid, if he says he gave it to him.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
That is really terrible if he is telling the truth, I mean I know they are strict and have reason to be, but they need to run some more tests. You could probably test his kid, if he says he gave it to him.

Yeah, this guy is getting a raw deal IMO, but they may be trying to make a example of him?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
That tea is amazing. I drank it when I went to a high altitude city in Peru. It helps you get acclamated to the altitude, gives you energy(of course) and helps you breathe easier for some reason. It gives you energy, but its nowhere like taking down a single line or anything of processed yayo. On our 5 day hike, we would chew on the leaves and suck on them. That was more like doing yayo, mouth and lips numb and amazing energy lol.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
That tea is amazing. I drank it when I went to a high altitude city in Peru. It helps you get acclamated to the altitude, gives you energy(of course) and helps you breathe easier for some reason. It gives you energy, but its nowhere like taking down a single line or anything of processed yayo. On our 5 day hike, we would chew on the leaves and suck on them. That was more like doing yayo, mouth and lips numb and amazing energy lol.
That sounds like a good time, do they really eat gineau pigs there?

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
my buddy was in iraq for 2 years and was taking steroids and occasionally using cocaine while over there.

So I assume this is the reason why the US military leads the way in number of friendly fire incidents...

When the war first started the allies used to joke around saying that the safest place to be when the US military were around was in an Iraqi uniform. I keed. Sort of. :biggrin: