GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb For MK5 in the Works?

Mk5Steven

Car(s)
2009 PZEV GTI
So I emailed Cobb just to see if the AP supported my 2009 GTI with the TSI as it’s pretty much a mk6 on a mk5 body. They said it does not as of now but they responded with this :
AD83612B-1F60-4EC1-920E-5E4F4CB0BAAB.png

Just thought I’d keep you guys in the loop! This guy may very well be the man we need to get the ball rolling lol.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah, when they first came out with the MK6 tuning, they stated they were going to work on the MK7 before they would go back and work on previous models. But they know the way to make money is to always be near first to provide tunes for new models. One would be better off looking for a custom or "loaded" tune from say a "United Motorsport" dealer or other tuner that will basically do an E-tune for their car.

Looks like Four Seasons Tuning in Orange CA is closest for a UM dealer. GIAC (Rancho Santa Margarita) also will do a custom tune, but would be way more expensive than a shelf/canned tune of theirs. AUTuning and PureMS are both APR dealers. What feature of Cobb's appeals to you? Because performance from a Cobb tune will not exceed tunes of most others, and will more likely be equal.

What is it with Cobb showing a dyno-graph, then listing gains in percentages...making you do the math? OK, math done, seems they are right on target with other tunes.

Last edited:

Mk5Steven

Car(s)
2009 PZEV GTI
Yeah, when they first came out with the MK6 tuning, they stated they were going to work on the MK7 before they would go back and work on previous models. But they know the way to make money is to always be near first to provide tunes for new models. One would be better off looking for a custom or "loaded" tune from say a "United Motorsport" dealer or other tuner that will basically do an E-tune for their car.

Looks like Four Seasons Tuning in Orange CA is closest for a UM dealer. GIAC (Rancho Santa Margarita) also will do a custom tune, but would be way more expensive than a shelf/canned tune of theirs. AUTuning and PureMS are both APR dealers. What feature of Cobb's appeals to you? Because performance from a Cobb tune will not exceed tunes of most others, and will more likely be equal.

What is it with Cobb showing a dyno-graph, then listing gains in percentages...making you do the math? OK, math done, seems they are right on target with other tunes.
And the fact that you can switch on the fly and not have to pay extra to do so, it’s convenient I guess