GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coast Guard?

riledmkv

down not out
Anyone here serve in the Coast Guard?

I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do with my life, I'm sort of weighing out my options... i really don't have much info, i figured why not give some v-dub guys a shot.

Anyone have any input??? :help:

BoostinGTIKid

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Slopez, do you have one of those license plate frames that says "my other ride is a helicopter" ?? hahah

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
i say go for it. my brother has been in for a few years now and loves it. they pay for his housing and living expenses and he gets to make arrests on drug runners off the atlantic coast. you wont be always stuck on the boat or have to fight for a retarded war half way around the world. and after 4 years you can either stay in and work your way up with what ever you want to do or move to something else within homeland security. there will always be job security there.

riledmkv

down not out
^thanks for the reply

i'm going to talk to a recruiter this week. if i can get a land job (long shot), somewhere other than alaska, and over the fact that i can't sign for less than four years.. i'll probably do it. pretty picky i guess. haha.

slow-pez

Ready to race!
Slopez, do you have one of those license plate frames that says "my other ride is a helicopter" ?? hahah

haha. NO. helo's are for the gay part of the cg. i drive these:
47' motor life boat

Last edited:

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
^thanks for the reply

i'm going to talk to a recruiter this week. if i can get a land job (long shot), somewhere other than alaska, and over the fact that i can't sign for less than four years.. i'll probably do it. pretty picky i guess. haha.

get an asvab study guide. they higher you score the more job choices youll have and potentially more leverage when it comes to locations that you want. most likely, before your be able to get a land job youll have to do at least some at sea.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Maybe slow-pez can answer, but I believe the coast guard does have troops in iraq etc... I'm not belittling the coast guard, but I feel the us navy is tip of the spear, from cruisers shooting down satellites & rail gun technology, to the awesome display of power that a carrier battle group carries, not to mention the threat deterrance of a ssbn or the world's best spec-ops teams. I will never regret the 5 years I spent as a GMG3 (SW):thumbsup: I wanted to go back in a reserve seabee unit, be my wife flipped, and I couldn't afford my bills on e-4 pay, but check out the surface navy it has alot of great opportunities. Good luck:biggrin:

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I'm considering the Army. Does anybody have any information on that?

riledmkv

down not out
iraq isn't really something i'm interested in. i'm looking for a branch that can help a business career afterwards. the coast guard and air force seem to have the most to offer when it comes to technical jobs and not necessarily serving overseas.

EOD_ron

Wanting to drive again
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI
^ You are completely wrong. I am in the Army, with an MOS that is rewarding in the civilian world. On my last deployment I had to turn down a job offer that paid 15 times better than what I make now. The Air force ar starting longer deployments now as well.