GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coast Guard?

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I'm kind of in the same position. Not realy going anywhere here it seems. I've been considering the USAF myself. I've got no misconceptions about becoming a fighter pilot, but I could realy see myself as some kind of mechanic or technician.

hughsey82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI 4dr
ive been army for 4 years... personally cannot wait to get out and go to a "community college" or wherever i choose. my opinion: if you can afford college go. go. go. the "war" is to me, a really big clusterfuck. thats really making little sense.

you may like the airforce, good benifits, nicer living quarters (usually), and less crazyness from my experience.

sorry about the crap spelling, its 5 am here in iraq. and i still have no clue why the hell we are still here. this post is crap, but anything you might want to know just ask.

slow-pez

Ready to race!
updates for anyone interested..

After exploring all of my options, I decided the Air Force offers the most towards schooling and a career after my 4 year term. I'm seriously hoping I didn't make a stupid decision, .

:bellyroll: :bellyroll:

he fell for it!!! :laughabove:

dude, i told you its all the same benefits... only different job options, like working on ejection seats(usaf) or rescuing people(uscg).

did you get any bonuses?

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
:bellyroll: :bellyroll:

he fell for it!!! :laughabove:

dude, i told you its all the same benefits... only different job options, like working on ejection seats(usaf) or rescuing people(uscg).

did you get any bonuses?

I think it would be obvious that you're going to get the same benefits, but do you realy have to be so biased in your opinion? You and I both know theres alot of shit jobs available in any branch.

EOD_ron

Wanting to drive again
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI
ive been army for 4 years... personally cannot wait to get out and go to a "community college" or wherever i choose. my opinion: if you can afford college go. go. go. the "war" is to me, a really big clusterfuck. thats really making little sense.

you may like the airforce, good benifits, nicer living quarters (usually), and less crazyness from my experience.

sorry about the crap spelling, its 5 am here in iraq. and i still have no clue why the hell we are still here. this post is crap, but anything you might want to know just ask.

You are a poor excuse of a soldier. You display a lack of respect for your service for making such unprofessional comments as you have. I would love to personally hemm your ass up!

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Do It! I tried really hard to get in the Coast Guard after the Marines. Only thing that kept me from getting in was a poorly places tattoo on my right wrist/forearm.

riledmkv

down not out
i didn't phrase that properly. the air force has the most to offer DURING my enlistment (quality of life) with a possible future outside of the military pertaining to my assigned job. no one tricked me. no one dooped me. in fact I've spent the smallest amount of time possible with my recruiter, who to me, is strictly a salesman.

edit- I'm not sure if my bonus will be 3 or 5k yet. also, 138 different jobs isn't just a small difference. that was a terrible comparison to the coast guard.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Only thing that kept me from getting in was a poorly places tattoo on my right wrist/forearm.

I had the same experience when I tried to re-enlist. They said I had to much new ink, and wouldn't make it through meps.:frown: They wanted me to get lasered & I would have to pay for it, sucks too they would have given me E-5 just for re-upping.

^ eh Virus, can I persuade you to go EOD? (any branch)
I tried out for navy EOD, but on the swim qual, got tapped out of the pool. You have to use either side/breast stroke neither can I do very well, but you can take the test as often as you like?

I'm not sure if my bonus will be 3 or 5k yet. also, 138 different jobs isn't just a small difference. that was a terrible comparison to the coast guard.

That bonus seems low? My brother joined up last year in the army, but before he did we talked to the air force, and even spent the day with the 111th fighter wing ( he wanted to be a sp) they where offering him 15-20k sign on bonus 10k after his mos school, 5-10 in payments throughout his contract. He also got the same deal from the army:iono:

hughsey82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI 4dr
You are a poor excuse of a soldier. You display a lack of respect for your service for making such unprofessional comments as you have. I would love to personally hemm your ass up!

haha thats great. typical military speak. and to clarify i have a lack of respect for my unit. you on the other hand must really enjoy the military. id rather make twice as much as a civilian and put up with half the b.s.

no disrespect to any branch or member of the military. just voicing my opinion from personal experience. i just dont think we need to be in iraq or afghanistan any more.

btw you have to right to call me a "poor excuse of a soldier". you dont know me. you never will, thank god. ive made e5 in my short carrier, not from being a "board soldier". but from leading and doing what is right.

ive had alot of great times in the army. made a decent amount of cash. and will go to college for close to nothing. and i got a mk5! so its not a bad deal, just not for everyone. good luck in the airforce OP.

sorry for the long post. i just needed to vent i guess.