GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch pulsating issue

redaw11

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hi everyone,

This is my 1st post here. I picked up my 2.0 FSI last week, and have noticed a pulsating feeling when the clutch is engaged.

Any idea what this is? I've driven many manuals over the years and have not come across this.

Regards,
Ian

ChalkyWhite

Drag Race Newbie
Hi Ian,

I've experienced a "wobby" clutch since my car was delivered last year. It's only noticeable in first/reverse, especially when hill starting, and you can actually hear the power delivery warble, so sounds similar.

My dealer could not find anything wrong, but have recorded my visit in case the clutch develops a premature fault.

Hope this helps?

Chalky

Brandon

Oval Newbie
When I test drove the 2.0 FSI a couple weeks ago I also noticed the clutch "pulsated". Don't think it's a problem though.

redaw11

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hi,

I actually spoke to VW Australia, and it seems to be a known issue related to the thrust bearing. I took more notice today and it only happens when I depress clutch slightly, but when fully enagaged or disengaged I didn't notice it. I might get it looked at, but doubt they'll find much.

Also tried to see if I could reprogram the headlights automatically turning on when unlocking the car feature, but the dealer reckons they need to do it.

Cheers,
Ian