GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Bleeding Problem please help

redbarron04

Car(s)
07 gti ko4'd
Ok guys so I put my new clutch in this weekend I went with a stage 2 spec, go ahead and start hating haha. Ok so I started to put everything back together finally after all the headache of getting the trans to line back up. Went to go ahead and start bleeding the clutch. It will build a little pressure but no where near even factory resistance. When opening up the bleed valve it shoots fluid out still but no much or with much power. When you are close to the bleeder block with someone else pumping the clutch attempting to bleed it. It sounds as if it is sucking air into the lines at the valve. I have tightened it down all the way to where it won't turn anymore. I know that there is o rings in the bleeder block and some people are having trouble with it sealing it well. Can someone tell me anything about this. Thanks guys txt me for any more info or if you have any idea what to do. 6626035350

There's an oring on the clutch line and then on the end of the slave. Pull the shit apart make sure the orings are there and not torn. Snap them back in.

When bleeding make sure there's brake fluid at the top of the res each time you open that bleeder.

try closing the valve before they reach the bottom of the pedal each pump.
also, i used a clear tube down into a jar of brake fluid too, so if anything sucked back it was just more fluid.

redbarron04

Car(s)
07 gti ko4'd
I replaced all the o rings now and now don't have the sound of air pulling back in but I'm not sure why its still not building pressure. Is there a chance of the bleeder valve being messed up. Or do you think I just haven't gotten all the air out of the line?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I replaced all the o rings now and now don't have the sound of air pulling back in but I'm not sure why its still not building pressure. Is there a chance of the bleeder valve being messed up. Or do you think I just haven't gotten all the air out of the line?

could be the bleeder block isnt set all the way, line isnt set all the way, air in the lines or you arent bleeding the system correctly. Describe the process you're using to bleed it step by step

redbarron04

Car(s)
07 gti ko4'd
I have used every method besides a pressure bleeder hooked into the reservoir. We tried everything from single pump then bleed to 3 pump and bleed. I have used vacuum pump hooked to the valve to pull another 15psi out. It will not build pressure. It has a little pressure in the last 2in of the clutch but thats it. When I draw back on the pedal it sounds as if air is coming into master cylinder

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
My spec stage 2 set I sent back defective. It was at Vw getting a new motor installed and they tried installing it twice an it was always stuck engaged. Ended up tossing stock one on and lost out on free clutch job. I'm doing my clutch with south bend stage two now.

redbarron04

Car(s)
07 gti ko4'd
I have watched tons of videos and it sounds like air is coming into the master cylinder so Im just going to take it to one of my friends thats a master tech and let him find the problem whether it be me just not being able to get a bad ass air pocket out of it or having a leak in the master cylinder or the bleeder block. It is going there Monday and hopefully he can get to it that day unless so damn BMW is in there with an oil leak like always lol. Then car should be back on the road Monday when I get back from SoWo. I'll let y'all know what he tells me.