GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

clicking

nvr2low

Ready to race!
so while im driving at slow speeds, under 10mph to be excact, im hearing a clicking sound come out of the driver front wheel well area? dont know too much about fwd cars, so i was wondering someone could offer any advice as to what i should look at.

btw its a 5spd 2.5 if that makes a dif.

thanks.

05kodiak

USAF
Nail in your tire

nvr2low

Ready to race!
i checked the tire. but ill check all that other stuff. do the sub frame bolts come loose often? is this something ppl are seeing?

05kodiak

USAF
Yup seems like 60% of the people on here are seeing the sub frame bolts making nosie. There is a couple threads on it here

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
so while im driving at slow speeds, under 10mph to be excact, im hearing a clicking sound come out of the driver front wheel well area? dont know too much about fwd cars, so i was wondering someone could offer any advice as to what i should look at.

btw its a 5spd 2.5 if that makes a dif.

thanks.

Does it happen continuously or does it happen once while getting going? I know the ABS does a little test once in a while (regularly) that makes a clicking sound and other little noises under like 10mph.

doltrev

Ready to race!
subframe bolts would most likely only be under hard acceleration or turning.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
on my rabbit first time I had that issue I had an axle drop off. fast foward a couple years and that was the precurser to major clicking and popping and my differential chewing itself apart. Inspect your CV joints to see how well the bolts are hanging in there, if the boots look ok, and inspect the undercarriage for cv grease spattered around. Also look for gear oil leaking in case it is the diff or something with the tranny taking a crap. Main question for you is does it get worse in low speed corners. pretty sure sub frame bolts are more a GTI issue

Last edited: